International Women's Day with Morton Fraser
Equality and Diversity in all its guises is important to everyone at Morton Fraser. We believe that talent resides everywhere and that people should be able to bring their whole selves to work every day so that they can deliver their very best work for clients both internal and external.
To do this, we have fostered an open culture which shows up in a number of different ways and which gives opportunities for women to excel within our Firm.
An open culture is about recognising that everyone has their part to play in our success and that as an employer our role is to help people be the best they can be. This is the basic tenet of our people strategy. That narrative is the golden thread which flows through our approach to attracting, developing, retaining and rewarding women and men at work.
Some examples of what we offer to help women at work and some interesting facts about how women make up our workforce are set out below:
- Our Board is 50/50 gender balanced
- More than 60% of the most senior grades are occupied by women
- All staff are eligible to apply for agile working, allowing people to balance work and non-work responsibilities
- Our Learning programmes are available on line to allow women to undertake learning at times which suit them best
- We have developed our employment value proposition using our own people as advocates of the firm and its culture, and our on-line video shows women what to expect when they join us
- We regularly test the impact of our approach to women at work through staff surveys and we were placed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for
We have more to do on the whole approach to Diversity and Inclusion and believe we are making significant progress as the above shows. The acid test is our ability to attract high quality female talent into our business, keep them and develop them to grow, and so help them fulfil their ambitions.
Guided by this we are planning to hold a number of sessions with female talent in 2020 to understand where we should focus our efforts next. Keeping it real like this will not only help women achieve their ambitions, but everyone within the Firm will be able to do this. Then we will have a truly inclusive organisation.
Talk to Denholm
We are a search, recruitment and employer brand consultancy that specialises in commercial marketing, sales & digital opportunities. If you'd like to find out more, call us on 0131 554 6191 or email email@example.com.