At Gleneagles, our values are our DNA. We’re dreamers. We celebrate difference and give back to each other, our guests, and our communities. We work hard, get stuck in, and make memories. We are grounded, leave egos at the door, and approach things with an open mind.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offers unrivalled opportunities across many different roles and disciplines. We can offer you a highly competitive rate of pay, generous holiday entitlement and a fantastic range of benefits.
Gleneagles is committed to equal opportunities in employment and recognises the growing demands on employees seeking to balance work and family responsibilities.
One of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we are seeking a creative and energetic CRM Manager to join our growing team and support the performance drive across our brand’s marketing campaigns.
This is a rare opportunity, whether you’re joining us from an agency or an in-house role, to join at an incredibly exciting time as the brand grows and launches an additional property. You’ll have a passion for driving business and customer results and you’ll want to ensure we’re creating welcoming onward journeys for all of our customers. As an inclusive employer, we are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”. Today, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
• You’ll be the go-to person for all CRM and Mailer activities across Gleneagles hotels; helping to understand our customers’ needs and the best way CRM can assist
• Leading the relationships across the business in delivering the best possible email experience for our business and subscribers; working with Revenue, Sales, Brand, F&B; you’ll ensure we have the right messages, crafted with the right balance of brand and commercial needs
• Working in collaboration with our Digital Product Manager and Performance Marketer to ensure customers have the right onward journey and share behavioural insights
• Building strong working relationships with the Corporate and international sales team to support their lead management communications
• Ensuring high retention and low attrition/churn rates across our customer segments
• Supporting the drive for revenue from CRM across Gleneagles hotels and assisting in strategy definition
• Growing our databases and segmenting them so we can reach the right people at the right time
• Driving new customer acquisition through onsite and on property sign-ups; working alongside our Digital Product Manager to strategically plan customer data acquisition and relevant journeys
• Analysing these databases, by profile customers, using email and GA reporting to the wider team on a regular basis
• Working with our data and business insight platform to develop pro-active CRM campaigns and contact strategies
• Developing and nurturing our membership customers to retain and grow the membership offering across multiple categories
• Developing our transactional email strategy to ensure our guests are communicated to at the right time in the journey, pre and post event, whether this is a rooms reservation, table for dinner, spa experience or a round of golf
• Employing best in class tools and strategies to ensure the journeys are personalised and relevant
• Driving new customer acquisition across all channels, demonstrating a clear understanding of a well-executed marketing funnel
• Development of loyalty and tactical propositions to improve retention from new business and incentivising repeat business
• You have a minimum 3-5 years of working in CRM, either agency or client side, with in-depth experience of using GA, DataStudio and Excel, to help inform decisions
• Ideally, you have experience in the DotDigital platform, RFM modelling and our chosen business insight tool, Cognos
• We’d also love you to have Hospitality industry experience, however this isn’t essential
• You love data and measuring, whether something is successful or not, and applying those learnings
• Naturally curious, you’re eager to learn new ways of working, and to challenge conventional ways of delivering CRM, you want to innovate the channel for Gleneagles hotels
• You have an eye for intuitive design and user experience; you know if something looks good or not
• Attention to detail is a key skill; if something is out of place, you’ll spot it!
• You have a proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines
• You’re prepared to challenge to ensure the business is working on the right things at the right time; you take initiative and think outside of the box