At Gleneagles, our values are our DNA. We’re dreamers. We celebrate difference and give back to each other, our guests, and our communities. We work hard, get stuck in, and make memories. We are grounded, leave egos at the door, and approach things with an open mind.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offers unrivalled opportunities across many different roles and disciplines. We can offer you a highly competitive rate of pay, generous holiday entitlement and a fantastic range of benefits.
Gleneagles is committed to equal opportunities in employment and recognises the growing demands on employees seeking to balance work and family responsibilities.
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”. Today, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
• You’ll be the go-to person for all CRM and Mailer activities across Gleneagles hotels; helping to understand our customers’ needs and the best way CRM can assist
• Leading the relationships across the business in delivering the best possible email experience for our business and subscribers; working with Revenue, Sales, Brand, F&B; you’ll ensure we have the right messages, crafted with the right balance of brand and commercial needs
• Working in collaboration with our Digital Product Manager and Performance Marketer to ensure customers have the right onward journey and share behavioural insights
• Building strong working relationships with the Corporate and international sales team to support their lead management communications
• Ensuring high retention and low attrition/churn rates across our customer segments
• Supporting the drive for revenue from CRM across Gleneagles hotels and assisting in strategy definition
• Growing our databases and segmenting them so we can reach the right people at the right time
• Driving new customer acquisition through onsite and on property sign-ups; working alongside our Digital Product Manager to strategically plan customer data acquisition and relevant journeys
• Analysing these databases, by profile customers, using email and GA reporting to the wider team on a regular basis
• Working with our data and business insight platform to develop pro-active CRM campaigns and contact strategies
• Developing and nurturing our membership customers to retain and grow the membership offering across multiple categories
• Developing our transactional email strategy to ensure our guests are communicated to at the right time in the journey, pre and post event, whether this is a rooms reservation, table for dinner, spa experience or a round of golf
• Employing best in class tools and strategies to ensure the journeys are personalised and relevant
• Driving new customer acquisition across all channels, demonstrating a clear understanding of a well-executed marketing funnel
• Development of loyalty and tactical propositions to improve retention from new business and incentivising repeat business
• You have a minimum 3-5 years of working in CRM, either agency or client side, with in-depth experience of using GA, DataStudio and Excel, to help inform decisions
• Ideally, you have experience in the DotDigital platform, RFM modelling and our chosen business insight tool, Cognos
• We’d also love you to have Hospitality industry experience, however this isn’t essential
• You love data and measuring, whether something is successful or not, and applying those learnings
• Naturally curious, you’re eager to learn new ways of working, and to challenge conventional ways of delivering CRM, you want to innovate the channel for Gleneagles hotels
• You have an eye for intuitive design and user experience; you know if something looks good or not
• Attention to detail is a key skill; if something is out of place, you’ll spot it!
• You have a proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines
• You’re prepared to challenge to ensure the business is working on the right things at the right time; you take initiative and think outside of the box
As well as working in close collaboration with our clients, and the online marketplaces, we are active members of groups that have been established to combat illicit trade. These include the Scottish Anti-Illicit Trade Group, the European Intellectual Property Office, The Scottish Business Resilience Centre, the Anti-Counterfeiting Group, and the China Britain Business Council. Members of our senior management sit on the boards of ACID (Anti-Copying in Design), the Scottish Ministerial Trade Board, and the European Union Intellectual Property Office’s Observatory Panel for SMEs, amongst others.
Each team member nominates good causes or charities that are supported on both an individual and corporate basis. Wherever possible, we support the employee’s involvement whether through time or fundraising events.
We deliver purpose-driven work from an extremely welcoming environment near the City Centre. We actively encourage the responsible use of resources, from using public transport to reuse, recycling, and, of course, a minimal impact office environment. We have benefited from the advice of the Energy Saving Trust and Resource Efficient Scotland. Our waste contractor also provides us with a monthly report on volumes and types of material and the carbon emissions avoided through recycling.
Over 80% of our employees can walk or cycle to The Lair and, pre-pandemic, 10% were using public transport as their normal daily commuting mode. Without doubt, online meetings will replace considerable miles, going forward, saving resources, time and energy. Where possible, when possible, the train remains our preferred option.
Our people are our most important asset, and their mental well-being and happiness are core to our success. We love our diverse workforce, actively embrace flexible working (even pre-pandemic!) and encourage a healthy work-life balance. We have been recognised as one of the most diverse SME workplaces in the UK and are holders of the Scottish Business Pledge which exists to promote a fairer Scotland. We have also just been included in the 2021 Culture Leaders Top 25 – an accolade of which we are very proud!
We are a fully inclusive and nurturing employer and, despite being in tech, the majority of our team are women, leading to accolades in the Computing Magazine Women in IT Awards and the Amazon Growing Business Awards. We currently represent 15 nationalities and speak 20 languages. Age is no barrier, and we recruit for attitude, providing and encouraging appropriate learning and training for each and every role.
We are also proud members of IP Inclusive, a network of professionals working to make the intellectual property industry more diverse.
Our aim is to combat illicit online trade by identifying and removing counterfeits for sale. Counterfeits not only damage brands, their reputations, and revenues, but can cause significant harm to the end customer – whether as a fake toy or a fake medicine – and the consequences can be life threatening.
Counterfeiting is a significant economic and social issue.
The OECD reports that counterfeit and fake goods make up more than 3.3% of the world’s global trade. Those involved in the trade of counterfeits have been linked to people trafficking, prostitution, and drug dealing.
As such, reducing illicit trade is about much more than brand protection but also about human rights, safety, and social equity.
And this is what we do, every day.
We’re a passionate and professional team who thrive in issue-rich environment and we’re looking for Senior Communication Advisors, Communications Advisors and Communications Executives to join their fast-growing team.
You’ll have previous agency experience at Senior Account Manager or Account Manager level and be passionate about delivering excellent results for clients. You might be a specialist in PR and media relations who produces compelling editorial content across a range of topics and sectors or you might be a public affairs expert who understands the policy landscape and helps clients build influential relationships. Whatever your specialism, you’ll be an excellent writer, full of creative ideas, with proven client management experience and the ability to provide expert advice our clients.
Your key duties will include:
In addition, to be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
We’re a passionate and professional team who thrive in issue-rich environment and we’re looking to add a Communication Lead to our fast-growing team. You’ll be a trusted advisor to clients across several sectors in all aspects of communication, external affairs, marketing and issues management. Coming from an agency or consultancy environment, at Account Director level or above, you’ll report directly to the Managing Director and be responsible for a small and busy multi-disciplinary team. You’ll have first-class project management skills, be solutions-driven and excellent commercial acumen too. Alongside the senior team, you’ll work to drive the strategic growth of Aspect.
Your core duties will include:
You’ll be a skilled communicator, interested and knowledgeable about the key issues shaping the external environment. In addition, to be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate: