This newly created role is accountable for managing the public sector relationships and revenue streams that arise from public sector funding.
The role holder will be responsible for achieving revenue and funding targets from public sector programmes, leading on bids for public sector work and tightly managing incoming revenue pipelines through various government subsidy programmes, such as R100 in Scotland and the UK Government’s Project Gigabit.
Successful engagement of key public sector individuals and facilitating strong relationships between key stakeholders in public organisations as well as the relevant GoFibre leadership team member is also important.
- Own all public sector funding/revenue streams – accountable for delivering on target revenue as well as forecasting and realisation
- Manage all public sector funding schemes internally, ensuring adherence to terms and conditions
- Identify opportunities or projects to increase public sector funding and help manage those through various delivery functions in the business to realise revenue
- Lead on bid development for all sizes of public procurement projects, such as the UK’s Project Gigabit scheme, or Gigabit Scotland public procurement
- Manage the public affairs agenda for GoFibre, working closely with PR and community engagement teams to grow awareness of GoFibre and create strong working relationships with relevant public sector bodies and people
Skills & Objectives
- Ideally a relevant degree or qualifications, however public procurement and public sector engagement experience is significantly more important
- Experience in a senior commercial management role reporting into an executive team
Experience bidding for (and winning) large scale capital projects, ideally in Scotland
Leadership experience in managing ongoing public sector funding projects
- Experience in, or understanding of gap funded government subsidy programmes
Understanding of Project Gigabit, Gigabit Scotland or R100 Superfast broadband funding schemes
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player with public sector commercial experience
- A relationship builder first and foremost, relying on contractual terms as a last resort.
Resilient and able to navigate complexity
Detail focused, numerate and commercially minded
Self-starter, ability to work autonomously and manage own workload as well as help define priorities for delivery teams