You will have a sound knowledge of modern marketing and love creativity and design.
You will also have the experience to be able to advise and guide clients, with the ability to ‘make it happen’ while seeing the challenge as an opportunity.
You thrive in a busy agency environment.
While our main office is in Aberdeen, we also have people in Glasgow and London, so you don’t need to be based in the North East. However, we would need you to come to the city for client and company meetings.
You will lead a set of client accounts within the agency, ensuring they are profitable and growing. You take responsibility for the delivery of high-quality work that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business problems.
As account director, you manage your own team and rely on your ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. You will regularly be involved in pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset. You will be commercially savvy and will always have an eye on client account and company finances, as well as employee productivity.
- Providing consultancy and direction to the team of account managers and account executives
- Growing the company’s profits through helping attract new clients and by increasing the spend of existing clients. This involves opening up options to the client through facilitating technical discussion to demonstrate the potential value of additional products and services
- Using skills to help push clients, and the agency, creatively and strategically
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Quoting and planning projects – costing jobs, providing creative input, and writing briefs for jobs. This should be done with technical input to ensure successful conversion of a quote
- Using a consultative approach by listening to the client in order to gain an understanding of their needs and direct them to the appropriate product or service
- Project management: ensuring the timely and financial successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Brand management/marketing: creating, maintaining, improving and upholding the Hampton brand along with communicating and delivering products and services that have value to our potential and existing clients
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; attending appropriate exhibitions, conferences or meetings
- Project evaluation: facilitating and communicating the evaluation of each project by an appropriate method for that project. Examples include: closeout meetings, customer feedback or analysis of available quantitative data
- Supporting the account managers in writing creative briefs and directing the strategic development of creative work
- Any other responsibility as determined by senior management