This is a key, senior-level, strategically influential role, requiring a high degree of technical expertise, commercial acumen and experience in delivering complex initiatives.
The role holder is required to combine these skills with strong leadership in order to bring about a fundamental change in how Public Affairs is delivered within ICAS and is responsible for the delivery of influential leadership of ICAS to government leaders, policymakers, financial decision-makers, corporate leaders, media, and other influential opinion formers.
Through the delivery of ICAS’ thought leadership and the recognition of our professional credentials, the role is responsible for the creation of positive change in the market and creating demand for the growth of the profession. The role is fundamental to the positive positing of ICAS and its trusted voice on matters relevant to our Membership and the finance sector.
- Work with and influence governments to both proactively and reactively ensure policy decisions are made with the best possible professional insight
- Ensuring the effective development and delivery of the ICAS policy strategy.
- Driving initiatives to influence the future of the profession and business.
- Overseeing the developmental regulatory initiatives to promote high standards among the regulatory population and working with the wider policy team.
- Leading on strategic communications relating to the policy, research and ethics functions.
- Leading on all regulatory, legal and governance requirements in relation to the policy, research and ethics activities.
- Ensure the delivery of strong member, student and firm focused communications strategy to increase satisfaction amongst key audiences
- Drive the PR and external communications strategy to grow the ICAS voice and position ICAS as a thought leader and influencer.
- Drive the corporate communications strategy, including internal communications, to empower and engage colleagues and position ICAS as a leading employer and membership body.
- Creating a positive, supportive and empowering environment to enable the delivery of professional outcomes
- Working with teams across ICAS in an open, planned and collaborative manner
- Be continually in touch with the market leaders, their needs and developments in the market and government that require ICAS professionalism
Experience / Skills Required
- Demonstrated leadership skills across a diversity of roles, functions, and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of the policy and media landscape
- Proven ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively
- Strategic thinking with delivery of related tactical projects and outcomes
- Proven track record of delivery in a multi-functioning team environment
- Able to communicate effectively in writing, orally and with strong presentation and influential skills
- Demonstrable ability to succeed in a matrix environment
- Confident and motivated self-starter with a flexible and agile approach