Following the development of the new Strategic Plan, we have created a new role, Membership, Events & Communications Manager, to guide us through an exciting phase of modernisation. This is a unique role that doesn’t come around often.
We are a small team, but very much live by a “one team” ethos as we support each other to achieve our goals. If you are an experienced Membership, Events & Communications professional and excited by the opportunity to implement your ideas, this could be for you.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Engaging with members and growing the membership
- Planning and delivering exciting new events alongside the more traditional events of the Company including the bi-annual Kirking Ceremony which is an important civic event
- Creating a new communications strategy to focus on the social impact the Company has in the community
- Taking the lead on the development of a social media strategy
- Taking ownership of the website and leading on a new CRM project
- Guiding the development of the Company’s external events in collaboration with other team members
- Line management responsibilities in the future
This role is well-suited to someone with extensive management experience across Membership, Events and Communications activities. If you’ve worked within a membership organisation that would be a bonus but is by no means essential. This is very much on the individual – we’re keen to speak to someone who is looking to take ownership and help us through this exciting period.
You will be predominantly office-based from our lovely location on Hanover Street with some out of hours working at events – however, there is a degree of flexibility here in terms of home working and time off in lieu.