Currently part qualified? Looking to work with an employer that will actively support your studies? Then our client has an exciting opportunity as an Accountant within a busy global finance function based in Glasgow.
This Accountant position is ideally focused on someone who is currently studying ACCA or CIMA and keen to be supported through to full qualification. You will work in a thriving team who are a mix of qualified and part qualified Accountant, where the team are responsible for financial control and reporting for key entities across UK, Europe and some additional global entities.
Key responsibilities are:
- Preparation of management accounts with key analysis and commentary on monthly performance
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Month end reporting, ensuring accuracy of monthly close activity
- Assist periodically with statutory accounting process
- Monthly VAT returns
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory policy, procedures and controls (SOX)
This role will require excellent communication skills as you will work across various finance and non-finance teams, developing key relationships to deliver on key reporting deadlines and input to wider business decision processes.
Additionally, you will have a natural grasp on finance systems and ideally be advanced with MS Excel.
Full study support with study leave provided, together with a very competitive salary and benefits package. Additionally, you will contribute to your individual career development plan. Hybrid and flexible working options are available for this role.