We currently have a fantastic opportunity with one of our financial services clients, who are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Audit Manager to join their Finance team in Edinburgh.
As an integral part of the team, you’ll forge excellent relationships with senior stakeholders, developing a great understanding of their business and provide them with valuable insight on their governance, risk management and control environment. As well as delivering high quality and impactful audits you’ll also help shape the annual audit plan and drive continuous improvement within the department.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant (ICAS, ICAEW, IIA etc) or equivalent relevant industry experience (eg SOX).
- Experience of leading and delivering controls-based audits or reviews within an Internal Audit, External Audit, Risk or Supervisory environment.
- An understanding of the retail banking sector including the regulatory environment and challenges faced by mid-tier banks.
- A critical thinker who can positively influence others to think differently.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, proven ability to deliver to timelines, experience with managing and delivering multiple tasks.
Our client will provide training and coaching, to encourage you to:
- Grow your specialist knowledge and network, becoming recognised inside and outside the department for your expert insight.
- Lead increasingly large or complex audits maintaining good quality, time, and budget standards.
- Contribute to the strategic thinking and direction of the Internal Audit Department
- Coach and develop others in the wider team.
They are also looking to offer flexible, hybrid working and a great benefits package for the right candidate.
Sound like you? If so, we’d love to discuss in more detail!