Denholm are pleased to be recruiting for a favoured client to join their commercial team as a Senior Bid Manager. I personally have placed 3 team members into this department in the last 9 months and the feedback has been very positive from them.
About The Role
This role is responsible for preparing and producing high quality, compelling and professional commercial proposals that reflect customer requirements, adhere to corporate brand guidelines and standards, and assist the business in meeting key performance targets.
The role holder will manage bids throughout the end-to-end bid management cycle, ensuring the business has the right strategy in place to maximise our chances of success. In addition, they will support the development and maintenance of up-to-date, compelling, corporate branded Bid Library content. The role holder will also contribute towards the continuous improvement of the bid management process.
About the team
The successful candidate will have full ownership of the bid function of the company, as well as management and development of the current junior Bid Manager and recruiting an additional Bid Writer this year. In addition to this, the manager you’d be working under, takes great care to develop staff long term and help them along in their career. I’ve known him for years and he is a great guy. If you’re lacking progression opportunity in your current role, or are keen to take on more responsibility to improve your CV, this could be the opportunity for you.
The post holder will be required to deliver the following key outputs:
- Produce and submit high quality bids/proposals in a timely manner, working closely with the Opportunity Owner and other relevant departments and stakeholders as required to ensure required resources are available
- Co-ordinate, monitor and support the bid process with minimal supervision
- Liaising with the Opportunity Owner and other relevant stakeholders to gather high quality content, providing direction and challenge on timescales, deadlines and quality of input provided
- Assessing commercial requirements of the tender, including identification of commercial drivers/advantages and making recommendations on win strategy
- Formatting, editing and proof-reading incoming text to ensure appropriate l language/tone and to ensure customer questions are properly understood, researched and answered
- Organising, facilitating and participating in proposal reviews and workshops
- Printing and collating proposal documentation where appropriate
- Contribute to and maintain the Bid Library and bid template with appropriate content
- Work closely with the wider bid team to provide and support bid scoring related reporting and insight
- Complete ITT’s, PQQs, RFIs and other requests
- Present and communicate bid progress and strategy to senior leadership
- Develop and deliver training sessions and refresher courses to support the Sales team capability to self-serve in creating proposals
Salary up to £45,000 DOE + 20% bonus
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, enhanced pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 36 days annual leave. We also offer hybrid working so are open to candidates anywhere in central Scotland.
Apply today to be considered and for more details on the role and company.