If you’re a strategic & creative thinker who is always looking to wow their clients, we want to hear from you! Denholm are delighted to be working with one of Scotland’s brightest, boldest, fastest-growing independent agencies. They are looking for a Brand Strategist/Creative Planner to join their team based in Edinburgh however the role does offer a flexible Hybrid working policy.
You will work on the exciting portfolio of premium and ambitious brands, from food and drink to broadband and beauty – helping to unlock original thinking, bold insights and truly brave effectiveness. Working closely with the Planning Director, you’ll support and shape strategy across brand, comms, digital and innovation, and help implement the in-house research offering.
This is an agency that’s known for its fantastic culture, great client relationships and award-winning work. As such, it’s a great opportunity for a confident and ambitious strategist to learn and grow, with lots of exposure to senior partners and clients in a fast-paced agency environment.
What you’ll be doing
The Planner role is a key position in the agency. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
Research delivery: Undertake desk research to synthesise market, human & brand sparks in response to client challenges as well as collaborating with planning team & suppliers to design, deploy and debrief quantitative & qualitative research.
Strategy development: Supporting the team to turn sparks into insight-led propositions and bullet-proof brand/creative/communications strategies. You will write and stimulate briefs that spark creative bravery, and champion the original strategy throughout development & delivery as well as write and present confident strategic rationale to clients or prospects
Measurement & evaluation: Work with team to set KPIs and champion reporting dashboards for all invest clients as well as working with planning & accounts teams to monitor results and collate into campaign/project evaluations.
Agency involvement: Work with senior team to optimise research methodologies & suppliers to help efficiently execute proposition and work with planning team to continually monitor industry best practice & innovation
Who we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience working in an agency environment is preferred.
- A strategic & creative thinker who can recognise compelling insights and understand how they can inspire brave ideas through from briefing to delivery.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who can work independently to form opinions and recommendations with clear rationales.
- A methodical researcher, comfortable working with a range of primary/secondary and quantitative/qualitative research techniques to unearth killer insights.
- A compelling storyteller who can use research and planning to help define springy propositions, brave creative briefs and bullet-proof brand strategies.
- A confident facilitator who nurtures collaboration and strives for the highest quality inputs & outputs across focus groups, workshops and briefings.
- A confident presenter who can compile documents and debriefs with laser focus, and present with flair.
- An agile worker, continually pushing for ways to test & optimise, and quickly pivot when research says so.
- An understanding of commercial impact, always building evaluation & effectiveness into strategies and exploring ways to add value, both internally & externally.
- An inquisitive worker, with a finger on the pulse of culture, trends and the industry, and continually searching for new tools & techniques to enhance the agency’s offering.
- A positive collaborator who can head up the day-to-day strategic conversation across key accounts.
- A team player who can work with a small team to get results – as an independent agency, there’s no room for ego.
On top of great growth potential, training and career development, you’ll be rewarded with a generous package including a competitive salary, bonus scheme, medical insurance and lifestyle benefits, pension, flexible working, and a good holiday allowance.
If this sounds like the perfect next career move for you, contact us today to find out more.