Denholm is delighted to be working on a great opportunity with one of our financial services clients who are looking for a Business Analyst (technology) for their Investments Domain (Fixed Income).
The Business Analyst actively contributes to enable the changes spanning multiple areas of functionality across investment capabilities. They will work to understand and describe the business requirement(s) and will be an authority on the business change in question. They will play a contributing role in developing and evolving the investment platforms to support the business aspirations and will be knowledgeable in the technologies applied in the domain to enable business processes.
- Build and closely manage relationships with key Business stakeholders within a project context. Understand the business needs within the scope of a project for any given investments business area and any future plans/current challenges.
- Work with key business stakeholders to prioritise and triage requirements within the scope of a project, and challenge where requirements fall outside scope Liaise with the business areas to manage Shield issues or priority changes raised by the business
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation of documents, in line with the agreed analysis process, these will typically be requirements, options papers, business cases and operating model documentation.
- Undertake or oversees Business Analysis & Requirements definition in support of shaping the business change. Develop User Journeys, User Stories and ensure that these have valid and meaningful acceptance criteria
- Formulate scope, and develop high level requirements alongside the business – including consideration of Business Intelligence and Data requirements
- Develop and test configuration developments where applicable
- Design and document business Operating Models and new ways of working
- Coordinate the execution of user acceptance testing
- Coordinate and execute training and readiness for business areas to accept IT changes
- Take accountability to ensure that outcomes and benefits from changes under her/his control are clearly defined, measurable and commercially sound
The ideal candidate:
- Evidenced track record of successful delivery of change across the project lifecycle
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the investment process including critical appreciation of business outcomes for the investment business areas.
- Deep and wide industry expertise with expert knowledge of emerging trends and competitor landscape [perhaps role/asset class specific]
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – enabling the role holder to act as a trusted advisor to the business
- Strong appreciation of local variance and configurations necessary to meet local business needs
- Strong technology, application / solution knowledge to be able to promote capabilities of out of the box applications and support adherence to design standardisation
- Strong experience of using analytical and Lean skills, evidencing capabilities of working closely & collaborating with project teams and the Business
- Industry Accreditation (IIBA/CBAP/BCS or similar) would be beneficial