Denholm is delighted to be partnering with Van Oord, one of the biggest names in the dredging industry, who is looking to recruit a Commercial Manager, based out of their UK headquarter in Small Dole, West Sussex.
As Commercial Manager, you are an integral part of the management team in the UK. This management team represents Van Oord in respect of its activities in the UK and Ireland dredging markets, including coastal protection and marine outfalls. You will be focused on the business development elements, but also actively assisting in the preparation of tender and other submissions.
In this role, you represent Van Oord to external parties within the UK and Ireland and you will be responsible for keeping contact with (potential) clients and gathering and following up future leads. Other responsibilities include:
* Representing Van Oord to external parties within the UK and Ireland. Developing and maintaining contact with clients (existing and potential), consultants, contractors, suppliers, authorities and stakeholders;
* Identifying and obtaining information regarding future project opportunities in the UK and Ireland that will be of interest to Van Oord;
* Considering and making recommendations regarding possible partnerships, both with other contractors, consultants and others, for the delivery of large or complex projects;
* Actively assisting in the preparation, including writing, of tender and other submissions;
* Liaising with Van Oord internal departments (e.g. Estimating and Engineering and Project Office) to obtain information to support submissions; and
* Liaising and coordinating with partner contractors, consultants and others as required.
Key experience we’re looking for:
Normally based in our branch office located in West Sussex for approximately 2 days a week and you are flexible to travel around the UK / Ireland to meet with clients and attend events, and to Van Oord’s offices in the Netherlands (as and when required). In order for you to be successful as a Business Development Manager, it is important that you have:
* A higher vocational degree level, civil engineering related;
* A minimum of 5 years’ post- graduate experience, of which some should be related to working for a contractor or engineering consultancy;
* The willingness to build a broad network within the UK and Ireland dredging and marine construction market;
* Customer focus;
* Excellent communicative, social skills and collaborative behaviours;
* Current residency in the UK, preferably in the West Sussex area or a willingness to commute.
If the above sounds like you, we’d love to discuss the opportunity with you in more detail!