If you’re a passionate, ambitious and inventive copywriter who is consistently producing fresh and surprising ideas, we want to hear from you! Denholm are delighted to be working with one of Scotland’s brightest, boldest, fastest-growing independent agencies who are currently on the lookout for a new Creative Copywriter to join their team.
Working with exciting clients – from household name brands to innovative start-ups and from whisky to broadband – you’ll be a continual force for creativity and original idea, crafting copy and concepts that bring great ideas and messaging to life.
This is an agency that’s known as much for its fantastic culture as it is for everyone playing their part. As such, the Creative Copywriter position is one which also comes with client-facing responsibilities, making you a proud face of the business in workshops, briefings and presentations.
What you’ll be doing
The Creative Copywriter role is a key position in the agency’s creative team. To be successful you will:
- Challenge creative briefs and your Creative Director’s thinking while understanding project requirements to surprise & delight.
- Understand and push brand guidelines to create great conceptual work while keeping on-brand.
- Show strong commercial awareness, ensuring work is as great as it can be, while on budget and on time.
- Be able to write more direct, functional copy that some may deem to be ‘less creative’, but we think has its own craft and charm.
- Build presentations that are well considered and demonstrate impact and longevity across multiple channels.
- Review and input into existing ideas, not being afraid to challenge or push back to lead to greater work.
- Be a mentor to junior members of the team, reviewing work to ensure quality and offering guidance to improve.
- Review industry-leading work and trends, share insights to inspire the team.
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years in a similar creative copywriting or conceptual role.
- A natural creative who can find the big idea as much as produce long-form copy or advertising collateral.
- You should have strong presentation skills, be able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients and the team.
- You should have a strong understanding of brand strategy to help make informed strategic decisions, ensuring your work always ladders back to the brand proposition.
- You should be able to have open and educated discussions about the strategic approach for a range of different clients and sectors.
On top of great growth potential, training and career development, you’ll be rewarded with a generous package including a competitive salary, bonus scheme, medical insurance and lifestyle benefits, pension, flexible working, and a good holiday allowance.
If this sounds like the perfect next career move for you, contact us today to find out more.