Denholm Associates are excited to be partnering with a growing, award-winning Fintech business, based in Edinburgh, who are looking for a Customer Support Specialist – Billing and Banking, to join their expanding team. You will join an innovative and growing online accountancy business, with excellent opportunities to accelerate your career. This is a company with exceptional customer and employee reviews, part of a huge banking group, with associated support and credibility.
The company aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, the aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now, it is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 125,000 customers. Our client is renowned for looking after small businesses with fewer than 10 employees, who require support with financial queries – tax, HMRC, VAT etc. Flexible and hybrid working options are available, although up to the first 6 months of training will be in the stunning Edinburgh offices – within walking distance of Haymarket station and the West End, with its bus connections. Thereafter, with 2 days per week in the office, you can be based anywhere within travelling distance to Edinburgh.
They pride themselves on exceptional customer support, and to help continue this, they are looking for professionals who are interested in a career in fintech, to grow the experienced team. They invest in their people, providing in-house learning and development opportunities as well as support for further studies, to ensure they continue to meet the high standards and have a happy, diverse and high-performing team.
- Providing front-line bank feed and subscription support to users – mainly by email, live chat and telephone, and take responsibility for responding accurately, promptly and fully.
- Assisting users with subscriptions, refunds, free trials and read only accounts.
- Dealing with account transfers and contacting the appropriate people for authorisation and chase where necessary.
- Assisting users in setting up their bank feeds with the product.
- Helping users with logging in issues.
- Responding to queries regarding CSV, and specialist area feature requests.
- Working closely with the technical team to diagnose any potential bank feed issues and taking responsibility to inform users once they have been fixed.
You’ll be a confident communicator who enjoys helping people. You’ll have excellent organisational skills, enjoy troubleshooting and have solid all round technical flair. Ideally you’ll have:
- Customer service experience; excellent listening skills and a passion for helping people.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and CSV.
- Strong technical skills; be highly computer-literate and web-savvy, understanding how crucial online engagement is to the success of any business.
- High level of self motivation.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and award-winning, cutting-edge technology business, which offers market-leading benefits. If you are looking to use your love of tech, your customer service experience and your numeracy to support customers with all of their accounting needs, please get in touch.