Denholm is delighted to be working on a great greenfield opportunity with one of our global FMCG (Whisky) clients who are looking for Data Analyst (Power BI) to join them on a permanent basis.
Our client is evolving and growing. They have invested in a new eCommerce platform, representing significant upgrades to previous capabilities. Although there is not currently a division within the business that owns ‘data’, it is nonetheless at the heart of what they do. In recent months, they have invested heavily in our eCommerce ecosystem to set themselves on a path where the businesses data-rich operations can be better leveraged to the advantage of its customers and the balance sheet. They are in the early stages of a journey to invigorate their use of data. This is a great opportunity to join a brilliant global business to shape a data-led culture and engineer a future based on efficient decision making resulting from real time data-led insights. In this role, you will work closely with the eCommerce, Commercial, Production and Global teams.
Our client’s head office is Edinburgh and ideally they would like candidates who could attend the office on a hybrid working basis.
- Fostering a modern, data-led culture.
- Creating, building, and maintaining tools and information to support data-led decision making across both the creative and commercial business divisions of the company.
- Building models and forecasts of member behaviour.
- Creation of dashboards and reports, both automated and manual: democratising data so that all colleagues can leverage / learn from the insights it can deliver.
- Establishing necessary data architecture in co-operating with our platform providers.
- Form a strong understanding of the data landscape, domain and workflows for our business area, customers and products
- Specific reporting and analysis on industry pricing globally
- Provide specialist skills in data analysis, visualisation and data management, delivering new analytics through connected datasets and integrated pipelines
- Advocate for quality, take responsibility for the ownership or of data and whilst fulfilling complex data requests on time and with high standards
- Identify, prioritise and document opportunities for efficiency, optimisation, migration or improvement in our systems, processes and datasets
- Work in an agile, collaborative manner to foster an environment of continuous improvement and incremental delivery, measuring success
- Core user of Power BI and NetSuite platforms and ensures best practices are applied to utilise or maintain databases, tools, models and processes solutions from data sourcing to client delivery
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in a live data environment, carrying out analytics and data management. Experience with Power BI, including DAX coding.
- Experience with Rapid Miner, or similar.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar eCommerce trading & CRM platforms
- Experience with dashboard creation and maintenance, including initial setup and information gathering from stakeholders.
- A good understanding of statistical probability distributions, bias and error as well as sampling methods.
- A genuine passion for whisky (desirable, although not essential)
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch to discuss.