Denholm is delighted to be retained on an exclusive opportunity for a Director of Digital Transformation for the University of the West of Scotland.
This role is being offered on an initial 12 month contract basis.
As the Director of Digital Transformation, you will lead the successful delivery of the Digital Transformation Project, as part of the Focus Area Programme defined by the Executive, making a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the University.
Working closely with the day-to-day operation of the Information Services Department, you will directly lead the digital transformation of UWS introducing a structure and rigor to the maintenance and development of key systems, including the University’s student record, finance, HR systems and learning ecosystem.
This development process will require the post holder to be able to navigate complex systems and work with staff at all levels in the institution. It will directly contribute to the enhancement our student experience and be supported by a comprehensive programme of organisational change.
This opportunity would suit someone who has operated at Head of IT / Transformation, CIO, Programme Director level who has taken people / process on a complex transformation journey. This role is NOT implementing new technology, it is focused on integration of current and future (off the shelf) technology.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of leading complex, technology focused change projects
- Experience of senior leadership of an IT department.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing staff at all levels and managing financial, human and physical resources.
- Strong track record of achievement in the field of information services with extensive knowledge of Information and digital technology provision and delivery.
- Experience of managing major IT projects.
- Experience of leading and managing change, to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of university wide activities.
- Ability to demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills – written and oral.
- Commitment to educational values articulated in the Corporate Digital Strategy.
- Strategic thinking, with the proven ability to innovate and to manage change.
- Leadership skills and capable of establishing high-level effective relationships across the University and with a range of external organisations.
- Engage and persuade senior colleagues and external audiences over whom the post-holder has no direct managerial control.
- Demonstrate highly-developed communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrate highly-developed project management and presentation skills
- Strong budget management skills.
- Knowledge of Information technology requirements
- In depth understanding of the development of mobile and digital technologies
- Significant knowledge in project management with proven success in this area
- A passionate, intellectual risk taker who is prepared to run with new ideas and make them work.
- A strategic thinker who translates strategy into effective action.
- A person with an inclusive approach to leadership, empowering others to succeed
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch to discuss.