If you have a passion for sustainability and an environmental or engineering qualification, we want to hear from you! Denholm is pleased to be working with one of the world leaders in premium spirits, who are currently looking to recruit an Environmental & Sustainability Engineer to join their growing team in Glasgow.
Reporting into the Environmental & Sustainability Manager (UK&I), this position is responsible for supporting business compliance with current, and future, energy and environmental legislation and targets, both internal and external, through the identification and delivery of improvement projects focusing on water, energy & carbon.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the sustainability subject matter expert (SME) on best practices to manage compliance and reduce energy, water, and waste.
- Identify improvement projects and implementation plans for Energy and Water optimization, Carbon reduction, general efficiency improvements and waste reduction.
- Develop additional, and manage current energy, carbon, water, packaging, and waste key performance indicators (KPIs) and report on benchmarks.
- Develop best operating practices for design, maintenance and operation of utility and energy management systems with regards to energy and water use.
- Engage the production facilities in personal development, mentoring, and training about sustainability activities.
- Assist in the development of new installation techniques and standards. Troubleshoot technical issues related to sustainability equipment and processes. Manage technical documents related to sustainability standards and other guidance.
- Prepare and communicate sustainability presentations to management, site visit reports, meeting minutes, schedules, and routine status updates for sustainability projects.
- Deputise for the Environmental & Sustainability Manager in matters relating to the global environmental & sustainability CoE.
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or higher) in: Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering or relevant scientific discipline. Equivalent experience or a recent graduate with good experience may be considered.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within the spirits industry or a similar FMCG, industrial environment, engaging with key Business Leaders and SHE advisors.
- A strong grounding in process engineering or project management and strong technical expertise in conducting assessments at manufacturing sites, evaluating options/technology, and recommending short and long-term improvements.
- Knowledge and experience of managing and developing an EMS to the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- All applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the manufacturing site is located. The candidate must be able to travel to (and throughout) countries in which BSI has manufacturing locations (travel <25%).
Sound like you? If so, we’d love to discuss in more detail!
Please get in touch with