Denholm is delighted to be supporting University of Stirling Students Union as they look for their next Events, Comms & Marketing Coordinator to join their fun, collaborative team.
Set up to help make the lives of students easier, they are a not-for-profit organisation offering a variety of services and guidance to students.
This is a unique role with a big focus on events and offers a lot of variety. One day you could be making essential website updates or working on interesting campaigns, the next you could be booking and looking after a pack of alpacas for events (yes, I said alpacas!).
It is a small, close-knit team and the organisation has a big focus on diversity & inclusion and sustainability. Overall, it’s a great place to work where you’ll be involved in a lot of fun initiatives.
If you are well-organised with first class planning skills and looking for a role that will provide some excellent development opportunities, I’d love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking ownership of setting up and managing a variety of events throughout the year
- Actively promoting the services on offer along with upcoming events
- Coordinating the delivery of content across a variety of channels and campaigns
- Providing training to other members of the organisation
- Acting as staff lead on a number of events – such as freshers week, student elections and awards ball
- Managing one direct report and providing guidance where necessary
As a service organisation, there is the requirement for this to be mainly on-site, however there can be a degree of flexibility.
I’m keen to speak to individuals coming with at least a year or 2 under their belt, where your focus has been on planning and taking the lead on managing events. Your planning skills will really come to the fore in this role. Whilst a lot of your work can be very cyclical, there’s always ad-hoc events coming up so flexibility will be key.
In return, they can offer fantastic development opportunities and some great benefits including access to their state-of-the-art sports facility.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be part of a vibrant and diverse organisation, please get in touch – Scott @ Denholm