Denholm Associates are excited to be partnering with a growing, award-winning Fintech business, based in Edinburgh, who are looking for a Graduate Customer Support Accountant to join their expanding team. You will join an innovative and growing online accountancy business, with excellent opportunities to accelerate your career. This is a company with exceptional customer and employee reviews, part of a huge banking group, with associated support and credibility.
The company aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, the aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now, it is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 125,000 customers. Our client is renowned for looking after small businesses with fewer than 10 employees, who require support with financial queries – tax, HMRC, VAT etc. You will have strong technical accounting knowledge and be passionate about ensuring your clients have an exceptional experience. Flexible and hybrid working options are available, although up to the first 6 months of training will be in the stunning Edinburgh offices – within walking distance of Haymarket station and the West End, with its bus connections. Thereafter, with 2 days per week in the office, you can be based anywhere within travelling distance to Edinburgh.
They pride themselves on their exceptional customer support, and to continue this, they are looking to expand the Support Team with accounting graduates or professionals who are interested in fintech, to grow the experienced team of qualified and part-qualified bookkeepers and accountants. They invest in their people, providing in-house learning and development opportunities as well as support for further studies, to ensure they continue to meet the high standards and have a happy, diverse and high-performing team.
- being the first point of contact for customers, via phone, email, and online chat, and responding accurately and promptly to customer queries.
- providing training to customers by way of outbound calls, both to people who are currently on a free trial, as well as subscribers who request further training.
- proactively contacting users to see if they need help.
- helping people who are interested in the product, but need more information to decide if it’s right for them.
- assisting the product teams by testing new features or upgrades to existing functionality.
You will be/have:-
- an accounting degree or completed accountancy related studies.
- a thorough and robust knowledge of accounting processes, ideally supported by practical experience.
- highly computer-literate and tech-savvy, understanding that online engagement is crucial to the success of the business.
- a clear understanding of the issues facing small businesses, and a keen interest in how the right financial software can help them.
- an awareness of the bookkeeping and accounting software packages available to small business owners and perhaps have some experience using one or more through studies or work experience.
- enjoy providing first-rate customer service and have experience of this from a previous role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and award-winning, cutting-edge technology business, which offers market-leading benefits. If you are looking to use your love of tech, your customer service experience and your financial acumen to support customers with all of their accounting needs, please get in touch.