Denholm is truly delighted to be partnering with Sport Aberdeen, an award winning organisation with a vision to be the best sport and leisure charitable trust in Scotland. This will be achieved by creating opportunities, inspiring people and changing lives through sport and physical activity. The business is looking for an inspiring, creative and forward thinking marketing leader to join the business as the new Head of Marketing & Commercial Development.
As the Head of Marketing & Commercial Development, you will be pivotal to shaping the strategic direction of all marketing, communications, and commercial activity. You’ll be responsible for achieving excellence in strategic communications and driving revenue through effective marketing of products, venues, services and activities.
What we’re looking for:
- Create and implement marketing and communication strategies.
- Develop and execute internal and external communications strategies, including public relations and media interactions.
- Lead the business in commercial development strategy, focusing on increasing membership and program income, as well as managing and expanding advertising and sponsorship revenue.
People Leadership and Management:
- Inspire and motivate the dynamic marketing team to align with the company mission and goals.
- Provide clear direction and support to our employees to drive success.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and customer-centricity within the organisation.
Marketing and Commercial Services:
- Innovate with integrated marketing, communication, and business development strategies that maximise revenue growth through increased community participation.
- Dive into sales and commercial data, extracting insights to drive better decision-making and improve marketing performance.
- Lead the strategy for sustained sponsorship, advertising, and revenue growth.
- Safeguard and enhance the Sport Aberdeen brand and sub-brands.
- Collaborate closely with IT and digital systems to maintain our online presence and adherence to company policies.
Working Approach and Expectations:
- Collaborate with the Managing Director to build an organization that’s perpetually improving and customer-focused.
- Embrace a participative and collaborative working style, leveraging your interpersonal skills to foster effective teamwork with partners, stakeholders, and colleagues.
- Be a supportive and engaged colleague, actively participating in relevant meetings and keeping your team informed about critical matters.
If you’re a marketing leader and strategic thinker, who really wants to be a part of an organisation making a difference to people’s lives, who thrives in a diverse and dynamic environment, we want to hear from you! Please get in touch to discuss this opportunity further.