Denholm Associates are, once again, delighted to be working with one of Scotland’s best companies, which enjoys enormous success in their field. They are now looking for an HR professional for a 6 month contract. 3 days per week at least in the Glasgow office, but ideally full time, 5 days.
The role will partner with the business management team to deliver their ‘people plan’ and support the overall business agenda. The main responsibilities will be to provide support to the change and organizational design initiatives across the business. Your practical advice will be invaluable, always with consideration of the overall commercial view, managing and challenging the business requirements.
- Partner the business to understand business goals and objectives and support delivery of their people plan in line with this.
- Monitor key people metrics (headcount, sickness management, overtime, turnover) ensuring that significant trends are identified and discussed with businesses in a timely and effective manner in order that appropriate interventions and actions are taken.
- Role model and embrace the Company’s safety standards. Identify, recommend and implement specific safety and wellness interventions within the business.
- Bring external insights and practice to inform discussions.
Talent Management & Development
- Support the delivery of the Succession Planning and Development/Talent programs.
- Ensure the delivery of resource plans in line with budget, capability and talent to achieve immediate and strategic ambitions now and in the future.
- Support the business in maximising diversity and inclusion in people plans and decisions.
Engagement & Retentions
- Support the business with employee engagement initiatives and in identifying opportunities for increasing employee engagement. Contribute towards the development, implementation and review of GPTW action plans.
- To provide guidance to managers on ensuring organisation values and culture are promoted.
- Coach line managers on how to engage with employees, create an environment that promotes high levels of performance whilst dealing effectively and consistently with the management of poor performance.
- Play an active role in ensuring that effective performance management practice is applied consistently. Support effective quality and consistency reviews across the business.
- Ensure reward and recognition is applied in line with benchmarking and is non-discriminatory. Identify risks in terms of market position which may impact on attraction and retention.
- Support Job Evaluation exercises.
- Provide coaching, challenge and support to management through business change including acquisitions, TUPE, site sales/disposals, reorganisations, redeployment and redundancies.
- Provide support to ensure that people impacts from a legal, cultural and engagement perspective are fully explored and addressed.
- Assist with the execution of business change ensuring effective stakeholder engagement including Centres of Excellence and Trade Union partners.
- Ensure employee relations risks are identified and mitigated or minimised.
You will be:-
· An experienced HR Manager with extensive generalist experience across all aspects of HR.
You will have:-
· A deep understanding of functional business unit operations.