Denholm Associates is proud to be working alongside one of Scotland’s top legal firms, in their search for a new HR/People Engagement Advisor. If you have enjoyed a solid HR career and are looking to join an impressive team offering support to the Legal team and their managers, this may be the perfect opportunity. Although a hybrid working model will be available to you after training, initially the role will be based in the stunning central Edinburgh offices, with excellent transport links.
As a key member of the People Engagement (PE) team, you will be an integral part of the business providing comprehensive people-related advice to the legal practice areas. You will need to demonstrate a broad range of HR experience and have the ability to build relationships, influence and communicate in a fast-paced environment in order to provide a first class service to the business. This role will involve supporting colleagues across all the offices and reasonable travel will be required. This is an exciting and challenging role and the client is looking for an individual who can work on their own initiative, is proactive, resilient and committed to doing an excellent job. The successful candidate will ensure all people engagement activities promote and maintain the brand of the firm and its core values and characteristics.
Your core tasks will centre around:-
- Employee Relations and general People Engagement
- Recruitment and Retention
- New Starters
- Project Work
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:-
- Ideally CIPD qualified with a minimum of 4 years’ experience of working in a broad HR generalist role preferably in a Partnership or similar environment.
- Ability to build credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Able to handle HR issues and projects with minimal guidance demonstrating sound working knowledge of employment legislation.
- Up to date understanding of good HR practice and experience of handling ER issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with competence in reasoning skills and the capacity to present a logical argument.
- Adopts a flexible and proactive approach to work duties and organises time effectively to achieve deadlines.
- Projects a professional image of the team and the firm at all times.
- Computer literate – particularly in Word, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- An approachable, enthusiastic and committed team player.
If you are ready to take the next step in your HR career and would like to do so within a prestigious law firm, please get in touch to find out more and hear about the generous salary and benefits package.