Denholm Associates is, once again, delighted to have been retained by this highly-respected company, with HQ in Edinburgh, but with operations throughout the UK, including this entity in Tilbury in Essex. As HR and Resourcing Manager, you will lead, develop and motivate a small team working in partnership with a port leadership, management teams, trade union and wider workforce to provide proactive HR operational solutions to deliver business-focused people plans.
Your team will act as a centre of expertise for the operational HR activity and processes across the employee lifecycle. This will involve overseeing end-to-end recruitment and selection processes, trade union relationships, HR policy, first-line management advice and employee relations, occupational health, leavers and HR systems and some data reporting.
Ensuring the HR operations are efficient and effective will be critical to your role. You and your team will focus on continuous improvement within your areas of responsibility. You will identify and implement process improvements that will allow improvements in efficiency, stakeholder satisfaction and which will contribute to the wider leadership port strategy. You will use data insights and critical thinking to inform your own decision making to shape the way the company approaches HR, always aligned to existing values.
- Build solid relationships with key business leaders and managers and be comfortable operating at a senior level.
- Manage the HR & Occupational Health teams to ensure a seamless delivery of quality HR operations, escalating issues and problems as appropriate.
- Manage the Recruitment life-cycle including implementation of an application tracking system, modernising and updating processes to effectively meet the recruitment needs of the company.
- Manage, motivate and build a small team’s capability to deliver high-quality HR Operations and ensure the team meets its aims and objectives.
- Ensure the effective provision of guidance, processes and advice to internal and external stakeholders, such as applying HR policies, recruitment and on-boarding procedures, etc.
- Ensure systems and processes are effective and continuously improving the HR Operations service delivery.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll and maximising upon systems’ capability to improve efficiency.
- Effectively contract manage various suppliers to ensure value for money and an effective service provision, for example, occupational health and recruitment partners as appropriate, working to procure and implement new systems and processes.
- Work flexibly across the Group HR Team, managing and contributing to projects and areas of priority.
Salary & Benefits:- Competitive salary & car allowance, private medical insurance, option to join a contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) plus payment of professional subscriptions.
- 35 hours per week, 3 days at least working in the new office, with the remainder of the week working from home.
Applicants interested in the role should ideally have the following skills and experience:-
- Experience in an HR Operations Management / People Management role.
- CIPD qualified (level 5) or working towards / or equivalent work experience.
- HR experience in industrial relations environments.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Outstanding communication and written skills.
- Proficient in the use of HR systems and MS office applications.
- Full driving licence.
For more detailed information and a confidential talk about the opportunity, please get in touch with me as soon as possible.