Denholm are delighted to be working with our financial services client on a great opportunities for Information Security Consultant to join them on a permanent basis.
As part of the Cyber Security Solutions team, the Information Security Consultant will be responsible for end-to-end consultancy across multiple projects and initiatives and act as a subject matter expert for Information Security to help embed security by design within the business’s culture.
This role would suit someone already performing a similar role, or someone from a risk management background who has some information security knowledge, or someone form a more technical cyber background who wants to broaden their information security knowledge.
This role offers excellent career progression and the opportunity to shape this orle in the business as it is a greenfield role. Our client offers training in certification across Azure and any other areas relevant to role.
- Our business is supported by Security, Resilience & Protection
- Requirements, objectives and processes are understood, appropriate and in line with business processes.
- Information and cyber security threats, risks and requirements are understood and managed by technology and business stakeholders throughout Project life-cycle.
- Ensure security teams understand business strategies, objectives and requirements.
- Support the design of security solutions to ensure they support business processes & goals, are timely, cost-effective, pragmatic (not excessive) and in line with our threat landscape and the risk appetite of those responsible and the business.
- Ensure that external parties, including customers and clients, understand and are satisfied with our information and cyber security approach.
- Support the education and awareness program via interactions with the business.
- Improve the security stance of the business through education, the identification and mitigation of risks.
- Advise the business on how to prevent recurrence of security incidents.
Ideal candidate experience
- Recognised professional information security qualification e.g. Security+, CCSP, CISMP, CISA, CISSP, etc. highly desirable
- Knowledge of control and risk management processes. Ability to frame decisions in terms of risk. Ability to make risk judgements.
- Excellent planning skills and high level of organisation and discipline to meet specific targets and objectives.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks at the same time;
- Able to build relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills, both in presentation and writing.
- Experience of NIST framework would be ideal for this role
This role can be based on-site on Edinburgh or fully remote across the UK. However, the client are not offering sponsorship at this stage.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch to discuss.