We are excited to be partnering with a highly successful financial services organisation based in Edinburgh who are looking to add an experienced Audit Manager to their Internal Audit team. You will ideally bring experience from an audit or risk background, and take a lead role within the team. You can expect a competitive salary and benefits package, with flexibility to your working week.
As an integral part of the team, you’ll forge excellent relationships with senior stakeholders, developing a great understanding of their business and provide them with valuable insight on their governance, risk management and control environment. As well as delivering high quality and impactful audits you’ll also help shape the annual audit plan and drive continuous improvement within the department.
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant (ICAS, ICAEW, IIA etc) or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Experience of leading and delivering controls-based audits or reviews within an Internal Audit, External Audit, Risk or Supervisory environment
- Model Risk experience is advantageous
- An understanding of the retail banking sector including the regulatory environment and challenges faced by mid-tier banks.
- Sound and practical understanding of regulatory requirements for IRB, IFRS9, forecasting and stress testing models
- A critical thinker who can positively influence others to think differently.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, proven ability to deliver to timelines, experience with managing and delivering multiple tasks.
What can you expect?
- The opportunity to grow your specialist knowledge and network, becoming recognised inside and outside the department for your expert insight.
- Lead increasingly large or complex audits maintaining good quality, time, and budget standards.
- Contribute to the strategic thinking and direction of the Internal Audit Department
- Coach and develop others in the wider team
- Car allowance, Hybrid working and a generous benefits and bonus package
Sound like you? If so, we’d love to discuss in more detail!
Please get in touch with