Denholm is delighted to be working on a great opportunity with our Utilities client based in Glasgow who are looking for a Java Developer to join their team. The Utilities business is part of a Global Brand who are at the fore front of producing ‘Green Energy’ and invest heavily in technology to put their customers are the forefront of what they do.
This is a great opportunity to make a large contribution to an established business to the improvement of customer’s digital journeys. You will be a part of a cross-functional digital squad who will be delivering quality digital services and products using agile scrum delivery processes. However, to get a better picture of how they work, see below the skills/experience that is ideal/desirable:
The ideal candidate:
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
- Comfortable with using relational databases
- Comfortable in building RESTful APIs
- Experience of writing unit/integration tests
- Comfortable working on a codebase with other developers
- Experience in building and deploying microservices
- Experience in diagnosing/fixing issues
- Understanding of CI/CD principles and tools
- Azure experience would be advantageous
- Familiarity with GitHub
For this position, there is a requirement to be in the office 1 day a week in Glasgow. In terms of benefits, there is a 10% pension contribution, private healthcare along with other flexible benefits.
If you are interested in hearing more, please send in an updated version of your CV which clearly demonstrates your relevant skills and experience for the role. Looking forward to hearing from you!