Our client is a leading independent Scottish law firm, home to talented people from a range of legal and commercial disciplines. Together, they share a determination to be the best in their field in Scotland and beyond. They set themselves apart, not just in terms of their performance and capability, but also in their approach. You’ll get responsibility early on and the support to make great things happen. And because they understand that work comes from people who are empowered to be at their best more of the time, they offer an agile working environment. They are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to join their award-winning team. Known for challenging traditional practices seen in this sector they have ambitious plans, and are looking for a colleague who shares the desire to make change. They pride themselves in being different, confident, transparent, straight talking and above all clear.
The primary function of this role is to identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the firm grow in new and established markets.
Responsible for the implementation of Key Account Management Programme (KAM), the introduction and roll out of new technological solutions and ways of working, and a project to evaluate and improve the client experience. You will also support the Director of Key Clients and Tenders with Directory submissions, Tender bids.
- Work with sector heads to create and follow annual business development strategies and manage marketing budgets.
- Strategic project management – when managing projects ensure that a holistic view of the firm’s needs and requirements are considered and that all relevant stakeholders are brought along in the journey. Execute projects to be high quality, on time and cost effective/on budget
- Assist and drive the PR strategy aligned to the key objectives of the growth markets
- Represent the brand throughout the tendering process to ensure that their message of clarity sits front and centre.
- Analyse market and data and pull-out insights which drives growth
- Develop and agree return on investment evaluation mechanisms for BD activity and report on success opportunities to change
- Help with the drafting of bid and tender writing – from research and coordination to project management.
Experience & qualifications
- Min 5 years’ experience working at a senior level within a professional/financial service or an agency (with clients in those sectors) would be highly advantageous
- A background of delivering integrated marketing projects, strong project management and analytical bias, and commercial acumen are the most important skills needed for success.
Individuals will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong influencing, leadership and management skills
- The ability to think strategically and creatively
- Market awareness and understanding (B2B & B2C)
- Good written communication and presentation skills
- Planning and project management including the ability to multi-task, prioritise and demonstrate solid organisation
What we’ll give you
- Although initially a maternity leave cover, this is recognised as being a great place to work, and they will support your goals. Because they are in a growth situation, there is a chance that this could become a very exciting long term move.
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package and support hybrid working.