If you’re a generalist marketing professional with an interest in sport and wellness, this could be the role for you!
We’re delighted to be working with Scottish Golf, the national governing body for amateur golf in Scotland, on a Marketing and Communications Officer role based in their Rosyth office (hybrid 3 days per week in office).
The Marketing and Communications Officer will play a key role in developing, planning and implementing a marketing strategy that will tell Scottish Golf’s story and engage with their audiences. The post holder will report directly into the Head of Marketing and Communications (HoMC). The role will also require management of the relationships with sponsors, government agencies, marketing agencies, golf clubs, Areas & Counties, and other golf industry bodies.
We’re looking for candidates with proven experience who enjoy a team-based atmosphere. We’re seeking people who care passionately about sport and understand why it’s important, and have a strong interest in inclusion. People who get stuck in, solve problems creatively and want to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts will fit in well.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing and / or communications
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing marketing campaigns
- Solid experience in evaluating the impact of campaigns and marketing activity
- Email and content marketing system experience (including Mailchimp and WordPress)
- Experience of social media management tools, including reporting modules
- Experience in Google Analytics / GA4 and a strong analytical approach
- Excellent copywriting for different audiences, media and channels (including media releases, social, and corporate communications)
- App and acquisition-marketing experience
- Good creative judgement and experience of digital design e.g. Adobe Creative Suite
- Proofreading skills, with sharp attention to detail
- Knowledge of or experience of membership organisations and their structures
- Knowledge of or interest in EDI, ESG and CSR practices
- Passion for or knowledge of sport and wellness
Most importantly, we’re looking someone with a great, can-do attitude and the desire to learn and grow within the role.
If this sounds like it could be you, please get in touch to arrange a chat!