Are you a Regulatory and Compliance expert with experience in financial promotions? This role could be the next step in your career.
We’re working with a brilliant Glasgow-based Financial Services client to find an experienced Compliance Marketing/Financial Promotions professional with regulatory experience (FCA/ASA) in financial services and promotional channels including above the line, digital and traditional marketing.
The role reporting to the Head of Marketing and requires an individual who is collaborative and motivated within the Marketing, Product and Partnership team as well as with cross-functional stakeholders (particularly Risk and Compliance) always with business goals in mind.
Particular focus will be on how to develop new and existing marketing campaigns in order to achieve commercial objectives through effective, compliant solutions. You will also support the team in the development of activity in line with regulation, including but not limited to consumer duty and vulnerable customers.
- Financial promotions: Compliance review of all customer-facing brand marketing materials, website reviews and other ad-hoc advertising materials to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing and providing sign-off for any marketing material provided by our Appointed Representatives in a timely fashion before it is published. Where appropriate, provide robust challenge and make suggestions to help improve the material
- Quality sample previously approved marketing material produced by our partners. Providing comment and suggesting improvements where appropriate to ensure that customers are treated fairly.
- Reviewing and approving pre-sale product disclosure documentation and other customer-facing material for various partners. Ensuring these items meet regulatory rules/guidance so that material produced for customers is fair, clear and not misleading so customers can make an informed choice about these products.
- Providing the first line of defence function in the Marketing department and establishing a collaborative, effective way of working. Provide customer-focused and pragmatic advice and guidance to Marketing colleagues to ensure material is wholly compliant. Working to tight timelines while maintaining clear audit trails to help Marketing meet their planned launches.
- Regulation: Approving material in line with relevant FCA Handbook and ASA Code requirements, specifically on Marketing and Financial Promotions, Treating Customers Fairly principles and Conduct rules. Embedding and maintaining a continuous review of regulations to ensure we remain up to date.
- Risk: Providing input in the Marketing operational risk duties and supporting with embedding the risk framework in the department.
- Analysis: Supporting development of meaningful MI for campaign management approvals and processes. Ensuring this is monitored and continuously improved.
- Processes: Developing and updating all campaign approval procedures and policies so that every campaign deadline is met.
- Training: Embedding beginner and refresher training for financial promotions for Marketing and other colleagues, including external agencies, seeking input from the Brand Marketing team, to achieve an appreciation of the regulatory constraints on what makes promotions fair, clear, and not misleading. Supporting the Head of Marketing in creating a programme for senior staff to ensure continued compliance with IDD.
- Maintaining and continuing to develop a through knowledge of all relevant products, regulatory requirements, industry guidance and compliancy policy.
- Collaboration: Developing and maintaining effective working relationships across internal and external key stakeholders, ensuring a rounded campaign delivery process, extending to working with second line Compliance, as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Financial Promotions/Marketing Compliance Specialist with at least 7 years’ experience.
- Up to date knowledge of FCA, regulations and principles relevant to financial promotions, in particular COBs and ICOBs as well the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Team player, with appetite to be hands on and work collaboratively in Marketing.
- Proven track record of working on own initiative.
- Liaising with 2ndline Compliance where required and establishing framework for new ways of working.
- Excellent attention to detail essential.
- Ability to set priorities in planning work and meeting strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with strong organisational and time management skills in order to respond to ever-changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience presenting, interacting, and building effective relationships with professionals, including executive team.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable or another equivalent standard like an Advanced Certificate of Compliance or diploma in Investment Compliance.
- Financial Planning Certificate or equivalent to demonstrate working knowledge of financial services, is desirable but not essential.
What’s in it for you:
- Hybrid working model – 2 days in Glasgow office and 3 from home
- A competitive salary
- 10% ER pension
- Free private healthcare
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (rising to 28 days with length of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Benefits card providing retailer discounts
If this opportunity is right up your street, please get in touch to find out more!