*This role is based in the UK and is fully remote with travel to events as required*
If you’re enthusiastic about events and a master of marketing, this could be the perfect role for you!
We’re delighted to have partnered with the Chartered Banker Institute to recruit a Marketing & Events Executive to join their growing marketing function. With the option for this role to be based anywhere in the UK, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an exciting, globally focused business!
Working within the marketing team, you’ll have the opportunity to work across events management and marketing support. Your role will involve co-developing and managing a schedule of events throughout the year, in addition to supporting and executing the Institute’s marketing strategy. The Institute will provide variety and breadth of responsibilities and the platform to further develop your professional experience.
What will your events responsibilities look like?
- Build an events strategy – online and in person – to deliver in conjunction with the Institute’s strategy
- Manage all aspects of online and in person events, from creating the initial concept and develop it through to delivery and evaluation.
- Manage all aspects of the Institute’s podcast strategy, from concept to execution
- Research and invite appropriate speakers for events/podcasts, coordinate briefing notes & calls
- Prepare delegate packs, booking confirmations and reminders where appropriate
- Project manage events with suppliers and partners to ensure they deliver contracted services and goods on time and to expected quality standards
- Manage the budgets for events
- Review post event questionnaires and feedback, providing insight to management
- Attend events when required
- Assist with general queries from both internal and external stakeholders, advising or forwarding for guidance and/or support
- Plan an events calendar that delivers regular engagement with a wide range of audiences, stakeholders and partners, in line with the strategic plan and increasing the reach of the organisation
What will your marketing responsibilities look like?
- Assist with the implementation of the Institute’s marketing strategy
- Support marketing colleagues to promote the range of services provided by the Institute, including membership & qualifications
- Collaborate with the Content Marketer to execute the content strategy
- Support the Institutes social media strategy, regularly monitoring channels, providing updates and business insights
- Develop external advertising and social media campaigns for specific audiences
- Manage the Institute’s brand, collaborating with partners and external stakeholders
- Create and deliver promotional assets in line with brand, supporting key business activities such as new product launches
- Collaborate with external suppliers to produce promotional video content
- Continually review and update the website’s content in line with the business needs
- Copy editing of articles, literature and emails, reviewing and collaborating with colleagues
- Collaborate with Head of Public Relations in promoting both the Institute and the Institute’s events
What skills and experience are essential to this role?
- 3 years’ previous experience in a Marketing & Events role
- Proven experience in devising and improving marketing/events strategies
- Competence in using design tools such as Canva
Sound like your next career move? We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch to arrange a chat.