Denholm are delighted to be working with a Public Sector body here in Scotland who are looking to add a Digital Security Specialist to their existing team. This is a great opportunity for someone to come in an be their SME for Network Security across the business.
In terms of the role, the responsibilities include leading in optimising their network, improving security and will be a key contact for security and other incidents as they arise. Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Focus on network security and incident management as well as improving our resilience
- Improve their network configurations and monitoring over a range of devices
- Progressing their real-time monitoring capabilities, providing awareness of potential intrusions, focusing on network security and threat reaction.
- Providing up-to-date education on specific security threats, coordinating with other relevant bodies.
- Lead in responding to and investigating security incidents, develop local incident handling procedures, and report all incidents to the appropriate incident response authority.
- Working to maintain and develop best practices they have established becoming ISO 27001 certified.
Experience they are looking for:
- Excellent understanding of network technologies (Firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS) how they work across applications, underlying infrastructure and connecting to cloud environments.
- Able to analyse network traffic to optimise, diagnose and resolve issues.
- Hands on experience with Cisco, Citrix and Hyper-V, web security and cloud connectivity.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Now, Office 365 & Azure cloud platforms
For this, you’d be working with a tightknit team who provide a great training and development opportunities to help progress your skills/experience. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be the SME for all things Network Security related.
For this, you’ll receive a generous salary package, a pension contribution of 19.5%, 38 days holiday and a training and development budget. In terms of home working, this role is primarily based remotely. However, there may be a requirement to travel to one of their offices (Edinburgh/Glasgow) only when required!
If you’d like to hear more about the opportunity, please send an application in with the latest version of your CV.