Denholm Associates has just added another role to the exciting list of jobs on which we are delighted to be working. This latest opportunity is with one of Scotland’s best known and respected law firms.
In the last three years, during what we can all agree have been challenging times, the firm’s revenue has grown by 20%, and almost 100 new colleagues have joined the team. Today, there are more than 750 colleagues and offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, London and Brussels.
The company combines colleagues’ expertise in all business areas, to deliver Enlightened Thinking – new knowledge and new legal possibilities – uniquely suited to their Scottish, UK and international clients.
Operations Coordinator –
Reacting to the new way of working for most people, a hybrid working approach allows the opportunity to work flexibly from home as well as in their stunning central Glasgow offices. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced operations coordinator to join the Personal and Family practice area in Glasgow. This is a newly-created role, in which you will be responsible for managing a high volume of work for a range of clients. The Personal team are one of Scotland’s largest teams of private client specialists and the aim of the practice area is to offer clients specialist advice which will meet all of their personal, legal and tax requirements. Our experienced team acts for a range of clients, including individuals, trustees, executors and institutions, from all over Scotland, the UK and beyond. This advice will also be available to the Operations Coordinator, from experts, who will help you to become an expert in your area.
Your responsibilities –
- Progress high volume work within set service legal agreements (SLAs)
- Prepare and deliver MI reports to manager and clients on a weekly/monthly basis or as requested
- Ensure performance and deadlines are in line with agreed SLAs
- Identify new efficient ways of working to ensure procedures and processes are effective
- Identify issues and resolve these quickly and efficiently
- Regularly report to manager to discuss volumes of work, issues and solutions
- Support client relationships by attending regular meetings with clients to discuss progress of work and solve any issues they may have
- Work with other practice areas to arrange improvements to the case management system to improve efficiencies and meet client requirements
- Manage financial performance by collating performance-related information and identifying opportunities for billing
- Take the lead on projects to drive change and improve efficiencies
- Ensure knowledge and skills are kept up to date and improved upon
- Be aware of the company’s information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times
- Experience in a legal environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong knowledge of MI reporting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify process improvements and implement change
- Experience using Excel is essential
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Communicates in a confident, clear and relaxed way, friendly and approachable
- Adapts style of communication appropriately when dealing with colleagues and clients
- Takes responsibility for their own workload
- An ability to build relationships and work effectively with other team members
- Self-motivated and driven
- Prepared, organised an able to prioritise
- Able to apply knowledge
- Commercial and profit focus
- Conduct and communication skills
This is fantastic opportunity to hone your analytical and administrative skills and experience and make a significant contribution to the on-going success of one of Scotland’s most successful and influential firms. Please be in touch to hear more.