Denholm Associates are excited to be partnering with a growing, award-winning Fintech business, based in Edinburgh, who are looking for a Part-Time Customer Support Accountant (Mid/Senior), to join their expanding team. You will join an innovative and growing online accountancy business, with excellent opportunities to accelerate your career. This is a company with exceptional customer and employee reviews, part of a huge banking group, with associated support and credibility.
The company aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, the aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now, it is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 125,000 customers. Our client is renowned for looking after small businesses with fewer than 10 employees, who require support with financial queries – tax, HMRC, VAT etc. Flexible and hybrid working options are available, although up to the first 6 months of training will be in the stunning Edinburgh offices – within walking distance of Haymarket station and the West End, with its bus connections. Thereafter, with 2 days per week in the office, you can be based anywhere within travelling distance to Edinburgh.
They pride themselves on exceptional customer support, and to help continue this, they are looking for professionals who are interested in a career in fintech, to grow the experienced team of qualified and part-qualified bookkeepers and accountants. They invest in their people, providing in-house learning and development opportunities as well as support for further studies, to ensure they continue to meet the high standards and have a happy, diverse and high-performing team.
Joining as a mid-level Support Accountant means you’ll bring knowledge and hands on experience of working in the accounting industry to further improve the experience of their customers. You’ll receive structured training and career development, while being able to hit the ground running supporting these customers.
As a Senior Support Accountant, you’ll use your people management skills to lead some of the incredible support accountants. You’ll assist in resolving complex enquiries and have the opportunity to progress into line management with further responsibilities, if that’s something you are interested in.
Day to day, everyone in the Support Team is focused on helping users by:
- being the first point of contact for customers, via phone, email, and online chat, and responding accurately and promptly to customer queries.
- providing training to customers by way of outbound calls, both to people who are currently on a free trial, as well as subscribers who request further training.
- proactively contacting users to see if they need help.
- helping people who are interested in the product, but need more information to decide if it’s right for them.
- assisting the product teams by testing new features or upgrades to existing functionality.
Ideal skills and experience:-
- Demonstrable practical accounting experience. For the junior levels this may be in the form of an accounting qualification or work experience. For mid and senior levels the client would be looking for experience working with everything from payroll RTI to VAT and Self Assessment from either an accounts assistant role, working in an accounting practice, bookkeeping role or similar.
- Thorough and robust knowledge of accounting processes, supported by practical experience.
- Highly computer-literate and tech-savvy, understanding that online engagement is crucial to the success of the business.
- An awareness of the bookkeeping and accounting software packages available to small business owners.
- Enjoy providing first-rate customer service and have experience of this from a previous role.
Please note – This is a part-time, permanent position. For this role, we are able to offer between 22 hours over 4 days and 35 hours over 5 days (any option covering the busy period of 9am-3pm Monday – Friday).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and award-winning, cutting-edge technology business, which offers market-leading benefits. If you are looking to use your love of tech, your customer service experience and your numeracy to support customers with all of their accounting needs, please get in touch.