If you’re a driven, well-connected, and passionate PR Account Director who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves a team dynamic as much as dealing with complex clients, we want to hear from you! Denholm are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s most exciting – and niche – public relations agencies who have offices London, Surrey and Edinburgh, and specialise in the world of property.
Working with a mix of large and upcoming housebuilders, estate agents and other property and construction-related firms, this growing agency is committed to raising the profile of its client both locally and nationally. They are all about delivering effective communications.
As their new PR Account Director you’ll be responsible for planning public relations activity and developing strategies, as well as winning new business with innovative, creative proposals. This role requires leadership, team training, project management, people skills, and an outstanding creative flair. You’ll understand public opinion and grow brands to help drive sales through a range of PR tools such as news items, press releases, case studies, product placement and social media activity.
As well as being the key to shaping your client’s reputation and profile, you’ll be working with a friendly account team who celebrate each other’s success and push each other to produce their best work.
What you’ll be doing
The PR Account Director is a key role within the team. To be successful you will be:
- Managing the needs of a portfolio of clients’ PR accounts/clients.
- Providing strategic advice/counsel to clients to aid their PR and wider marketing campaigns, developing industry, sector and product focused PR campaigns.
- Providing product or company information to the media, developing news angles, stories and pitches (newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online news sites).
- Building relationships with existing and new clients.
- Building relationships with key media contacts.
- Liaising with clients regarding press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions.
- Dealing with the media, speaking to journalists and other members of the press.
- Briefing clients/updating on press campaigns, providing creative ideas when needed.
- Analysing PR coverage, key performance indicators, and providing written reports.
- Communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Effectively recording and monitoring client billing and finance reporting.
- Keeping abreast of current PR trends and tools.
- Managing/mentoring junior team members including leading in-house training sessions.
Who we’re looking for
- A minimum of five years solid PR experience within a relevant sector.
- A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press.
- Excellent client handling skills.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR campaigns for a range of clients.
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes to senior players.
- Commercial acumen and experience of developing new business.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the PR and communications sector.
- Management experience of developing star performers.
- Experience in managing budgets * Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business and development of teams.
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise.
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks.
On top of great growth opportunities and an inclusive culture, this position comes with a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity, then we would love to hear from you – apply today!