If you’re an aspiring, enthusiastic and passionate PR Junior Account Executive or looking for that first break in your PR career, we want to hear from you! Denholm are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s most exciting – and niche – public relations agencies who have offices London, Surrey and Edinburgh, and specialise in the world of property.
Working with a mix of large and upcoming housebuilders, estate agents and other property and construction-related firms, this growing agency is committed to raising the profile of its client both locally and nationally.
They are all about delivering effective communications, and as their new PR Junior Account Executive you’ll be responsible for handling multiple client accounts simultaneously. From writing and selling in press releases and case studies to the media, to running wider PR campaigns – the PR Account
Executives work within a wider team to influence public opinion or behaviour on behalf of their clients.
All the while, you’ll be working with a friendly account team who celebrate each other’s success and push each other to produce their best work.
What you’ll be doing
The PR Junior Account Executive is a key role within the team. To be successful you will be:
* Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces.
* Research news and feature stories.
* Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering their clients’ stories.
* Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists.
* Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate.
* Secure and monitor media coverage, report results to the wider team and clients.
* Attend client events and industry conferences.
* Ability to handle clients’ social media accounts such as their Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn page when required.
* Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures.
* Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns.
Who we’re looking for:
* English language fluency: You’ll have excellent written and spoken English.
* Copywriting skills: You’ll be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
* Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to clients/journalists, you’ll be able to organise information in a succinct and interesting way.
* Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so you’ll be approachable, friendly and empathetic, able to relate to people on different levels with colleagues, with clients and with the media.
* Excellent telephone manner: You will spend a lot of your time pitching stories to clients and journalists, so confidence to pick up the phone and maintain a positive, friendly and upbeat tone is key.
* Time-keeping: You’ll be able to work to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients without compromising on quality.
* Resilience: You’ll be confident enough to pick up the phone to national journalists and resilient enough to handle criticism and rejection.
* A relevant undergraduate degree such as PR, journalism or English Literature, PR qualifications from the PRCA or Chartered Institute of Public Relations desirable.
* Experience working in a PR agency, press office or media environment desirable.
On top of great growth opportunities and an inclusive culture, this position comes with a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity, then we would love to hear from you – apply today!