Denholm are delighted to be working with our financial services client on a great opportunity for a Resource Planning Analyst to join them on a permanent basis. This is a remote working role with the need to be onsite on a business needs basis (1-2 days per month).
The Resource Planning Analyst supports the Change Management Office in resource planning for projects from around the business. To maintain and to aid development in the resource management process, to ensure demand from the business is clearly documented, articulated with the business and highlight any hotspots.
Maintenance of the current Resource Planning Process
- Identify potential risks associated with resource supply and demand – recommending mitigating actions
- Involvement in maintaining and update CMO resourcing processes and tools
- Production of reports/analysis on resourcing, giving regular updates to stakeholders, including implementing and reporting against resourcing KPI
- Clearly communicating resource requests, changes and amendments to stakeholders within the business and recommending alternative solutions if relevant
- Working with the Resource Planning Manager to develop the current planning process, integrating new technology where needed, to improve the demand planning within the business.
- Maintain a clear view of short, medium and long term planning schedule and assist in the regular communication of this to the business.
Improve resource forecasting processes and maintain central forecasts for Demand
- Work with project managers to improve quality of resource forecasting data
- Help to review project plans, resource requests and impact assessments, challenging where necessary
- Support the roadmap review and shaping processes, to gain a greater understanding of pipeline demand
- Work alongside the CMO/RP Manager to support change control and stage-gating processes to understand emerging resource requests
Build effective relations with resource owners ensuring supply matches demand
- Attend and contribute in regular meetings with resource owners to discuss demand forecast and potential under/over utilisation
- Work with project managers and resource owners to identify ways to resolve resourcing conflicts without escalation
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the business with clear communication lines and following the resource planning process
Ideal candidate experience
- Previous experience in a similar role within a PMO/CMO environment, ideally 3 years minimum
- Previous experience in project delivery
- Previous experience setting up and embedding processes
- Strong MS package experience necessary (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent level of attention to detail
- A strong drive to deliver change; a pro-active, pragmatic and dynamic approach to work.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate key messages to project teams.
- Resilience and the ability to work effectively under challenge
- A questioning mindset with a focus on root cause investigation and an aptitude for continuous improvement
- Natural curiosity and confidence to challenge existing practices.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch to discuss.