We at Denholm are excited to have been retained by an established Corporate Hospitality and Events company, which specialises in hospitality sales for sports and arts events, including cricket, golf, rugby, tennis, football, and concerts. Reporting to the Company Director, based in Australia, this role offers the right person autonomy and the capacity to take on a bigger commercial opportunity as the Director’s number two; to take on operational responsibilities such as recruiting and building the team; and to drive the growth of the business through sales. They want to work with the most talented people in the industry and need each team member to be responsible and accountable for their actions and use their skills and experience to achieve the company and clients’ goals.
Role overview – this is a fantastic opportunity for a professional and enthusiastic Sales Manager, generating new business and achieving sales targets. You should be a self-starter, able to drive sales growth, build rapport with customers and close deals. The role of Sales Manager is to achieve sales targets for the events and governing bodies they work with, predominately selling Scottish events to Scottish clients.
Experience in Hospitality Sales would be ideal, but other business to business sales experience is transferable. You should have knowledge of and a passion for sport.
- Deliver new business sales
- Call and close existing sales leads
- Retain and nurture existing clients
- Maintain and update sales and customer CRM records
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts
- Assist in the setting of new business strategy and plans
Key skills and personal competencies required:
- Proven track record in proactively achieving sales targets and developing business
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Enthusiasm, self-motivated, and proactive
- Ability to find, network, and connect with business customers
- Service and solution orientated
- Ability to take ownership and prioritise workload
- Good team player
- Computer literate and experience of CRM software
- Understanding and interest in international sport and major events