Denholm Associates are excited to be partnering with a growing, award-winning Fintech business, based in Edinburgh, who are looking for a Senior Bookkeeping Software Support Specialist to join their expanding team. You will join an innovative and growing online accountancy business, with excellent opportunities to accelerate your career. This is a company with exceptional customer and employee reviews, part of a huge banking group, with associated support and credibility.
The company aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, the aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now, it is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 125,000 customers. Our client is renowned for looking after small businesses with fewer than 10 employees, who require support with financial queries – tax, HMRC, VAT etc. You will have strong technical accounting knowledge and be passionate about ensuring your clients have an exceptional experience. Flexible and hybrid working options are available, although up to the first 6 months of training will be in the stunning Edinburgh offices – within walking distance of Haymarket station and the West End, with its bus connections. Thereafter, with 2 days per week in the office, you can be based anywhere within travelling distance to Edinburgh.
They pride themselves on their exceptional customer support, and to continue this, they are looking to expand the Support Team. This is a role which provides a great variety of work and has a unique mix of accounting and customer service, therefore you will need a strong understanding of accounting as well as the ability to communicate with customers.
After your initial training within the team, you’ll be leading some of our incredible support accountants, reviewing the quality of their responses, and assisting in resolving complex enquiries. In time, you’ll also have the opportunity to progress into line management with further responsibilities, if that’s something you are interested in.
- Providing first line support to customers, via phone, email, and online chat, and responding accurately and promptly to customer queries. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes to understand the challenges and issues they may face using accounting software. Patience and empathy are key to this position.
- Helping customers by providing training by way of outbound calls, both to new users, as well as users who request further training.
- Proactively contacting new users to see if they need help.
- Assist potential customers who are interested in the product, but need more information to decide if it’s right for them.
- You’ll also assist the product teams by testing new features or upgrades to existing functionality.
You will be/have:-
- Experience working with everything from payroll RTI to VAT and Self Assessment from either an accounts assistant role, working in an accounting practice, bookkeeping role or similar, and able to demonstrate robust accounting knowledge.
- A team player who enjoys collaborating in a friendly, supportive environment.
- Highly computer-literate and tech-savvy, understanding that online engagement is crucial to the success of our business.
- Take a logical and organised approach to problem-solving, asking appropriate questions to facilitate the collection of information required to resolve a query.
- Practical experience of using a variety of bookkeeping and accounting software packages.
- Hands-on experience of working with small businesses, possess a clear understanding of their issues, and have a keen interest in how the right financial software can help them.
- Last but not least, passionate about providing first-rate customer service, embracing challenging situations and exceeding expectations and have considerable experience of this from a previous role.
Bonus points but not essential:-
- You’re experienced in supervising staff or line management, motivating a team and have some knowledge of HR processes.
- Accounting qualifications (accounting degree, AAT, CIMA or ACCA) will be useful in helping you get up to speed quickly, however being qualified by experience will be just as valuable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and award-winning, cutting-edge technology business, which offers market-leading benefits. If you are looking to use your love of tech, your customer service experience, your financial acumen and your people-management experience to support customers with all of their accounting needs, please get in touch.