Denholm is delighted to be working in exclusive partnership with Edrington UK, as they look to recruit a Senior Category Development Manager to join their Glasgow team on a hybrid working basis.
Reporting into the Head of Portfolio & Planning, this is a pivotal role, working with customers and cross-functionally with the Commercial, Insight, Marketing and wider Leadership teams. You will be responsible for leading the creation of market- leading category strategies and the delivery of actionable insight which will shape customer, shopper, brand and consumer plans across Edrington’s premium portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the creation and delivery of Edrington UK category strategies
- Maximise the premium portfolio opportunities through clear category strategies that can be actioned at the point of purchase
- Motivate and develop a category, customer and commercially focussed team
- Recruit, lead and directly support the team
- Demonstrate best practice category management across the business and industry
- Lead on educating and upskilling the wider team on the benefits of category management
- Work closely with the Head of Portfolio & Planning to deliver robust, engaging training programmes that establish core processes and deliver actionable templates with a focus on measurement and evaluation
- Use your leadership position externally to drive visibility at industry conferences and trade events
- Build strong effective relationships within the business and key customers
- Regularly presenting within the UK and Global business networks demonstrating your ability to translate data and research outputs into clear, credible, impactful and actionable recommendations
- Manage and lead successful working relationships with external agencies
- Become the leader in dark spirits. In your category leadership position, you will be established as the dark spirits expert
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- An experienced and senior category development professional, with experience in a similar role within a branded business
- A proven background in grocery retail is essential and experience in luxury and digital commerce channels is highly desirable
- Ability to work well leading and motivating a high-performing team
- You must have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience of implementing a range of insight and category-based solutions with customers from detailed range reviews to strategic category and shopper focused growth recommendations.
Sound like you? If so, we’d love to discuss in more detail!