Denholm are excited to be partnered with one of Scotland’s most exciting new brands. They are on an exciting journey to revolutionise broadband capabilities for homes and businesses in rural towns and villages across Northern England and Scotland, connecting communities and affording them digital capability equal to their city counterparts, whilst being as environmentally conscious as possible, and creating social value in the areas we serve. This newly created role is accountable for managing the public sector relationships and revenue streams that arise from public sector funding.
The role holder will be responsible for achieving revenue and funding targets from public sector programmes, leading on bids for public sector work and tightly managing incoming revenue pipelines through various government subsidy programmes, such as R100 in Scotland and the UK Government’s Project Gigabit.
Successful engagement of key public sector individuals and facilitating strong relationships between key stakeholders in public organisations as well as the relevant leadership team member is also important.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own all public sector funding/revenue streams – accountable for delivering on target revenue as well as forecasting and realisation
- Manage all public sector funding schemes internally, ensuring adherence to terms and conditions
- Identify opportunities or projects to increase public sector funding and help manage those through various delivery functions in the business to realise revenue
- Lead on bid development for all sizes of public procurement projects, such as the UK’s Project Gigabit scheme, or Gigabit Scotland public procurement
Skills, qualifications and qualities required
- Manage the public affairs agenda, working closely with PR and community engagement teams to grow awareness and create strong working relationships with relevant public sector bodies and people
- Ideally a relevant degree or qualifications, however public procurement and public sector engagement experience is significantly more important.
- Experience in a senior commercial management role reporting into an executive team
- Leadership experience in managing ongoing public sector funding projects
- Understanding of Project Gigabit, Gigabit Scotland or R100 Superfast broadband funding schemes desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player with public sector commercial experience. A relationship builder first and foremost, relying on contractual terms as a last resort.
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously and manage own workload as well as help define priorities for delivery teams
- Resilient and able to navigate complexity
You will be part of the senior management team and as such will be rewarded with excellent incentives and benefits. Based in their brand new office in Edinburgh with hybrid working available. This is a rare opportunity to bring your skills to a start up with a wealth of funding, where you will make an immediate impact on the success of the business.