Denholm is delighted to be working on a great opportunity with our Utilities client based in Glasgow who are looking for a Lead/Senior Data Engineer to join their team. The Utilities business is part of a Global Brand who are at the fore front of producing ‘Green Energy’ and invest heavily in technology to put their customers are the forefront of what they do.
This is a great opportunity to make a large contribution and to make a real difference for customers and stakeholders by reducing cost and waste in an effort to modernise energy for a NetZero future. Your role will be to use your data expertise to find useful information, which will aid in making business decisions and maximizing the value of the client’s data. The client are seeking an individual who is eager to develop their skills and contribute to shaping the reporting and analytics service, in collaboration with colleagues and partners, and within an analytics community of practice.
- Support and drive the design, build, and operation of DataOps and MLOps Services hosted on Azure Cloud Platform with a roadmap to AWS and Hybrid-Cloud.
- Operate within an agile squad and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure services always meet their needs.
- Own the technical architecture and direction for clients in a leadership capacity while working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects.
- Mentor and coach other team members and take on leading data engineering, machine learning projects to help shape the future of the data platform.
- Possess sound communication skills to facilitate collaboration between internal and external stakeholders in an iterative development environment.
- An opportunity for either an experienced Lead Engineer to take the reins or a talented Senior Data Engineer looking to step up and take on a leadership role.
- Solid experience of cloud architecture and data engineering pipelines.
- Experience with data modeling, datawarehouse and data lake design.
- Experience with Azure Purview for data governance and PowerBI cloud reporting. AWS or GCP experience would also be beneficial as they are introducing a multi-cloud environment.
- Experience with CI/CD deployment methods, including security of cloud solutions and cost management.
- Able to continuously improve the infrastructure managed for businesses.
- Able to conduct research and prototype latest technological advances to provide data-driven solutions for businesses.
- Able to maximize the potential of Data and Analytics Products and Services by staying ahead, innovating and providing businesses with tools before they know they need them.
On offer, there are clear structures in place to help with the progression and development of your skills, both technical and non-technical training available to help progress into more senior roles in the business while working on some innovative projects!
For this position, there is a requirement to be in the office 1 day a week in city centre Glasgow which is walkable from Queens Street/Central station. In terms of benefits, there is a 10% pension contribution, discretionary bonus (up to 15%), private healthcare along with other flexible benefits.
If you are interested in hearing more, please send in an updated version of your CV which clearly demonstrates your relevant skills and experience for the role. Looking forward to hearing from you.