Denholm are currently recruiting a Senior Marketing Manager on behalf of our Glasgow-based client in the private medical industry.
Following recently secured funding, the company is at the beginning of an exciting growth phase, which it plans to achieve through a mix of acquisition and organic growth. The business has a strong commitment to Environment, Social and Governance and places particular emphasis on sustainability and carbon reduction. By 2030 the business will be Net Zero and is already well on target to achieve this aim.
As Senior Marketing Manager, the successful candidate would oversee the marketing department team, ensuring the team is effectively promoting the business and is targeting the correct audiences within our campaigns.
At all times they would be responsible for keeping the team motivated and encourage both creativity and innovation. They will also be responsible for working closely with the HR department to ensure that effective recruitment campaigns are regularly instigated as the marketing team grows (currently a team of 3 at mixed levels of experience).
What the job entails:
Implement Marketing Strategies – Planning and implementing marketing strategies will be the largest part of the Senior Marketing Manager’s job. This may include creating or altering brand images, reaching out to a new target audience and creating a robust and accurate budget plan to cover all necessary expenditure. The Senior Marketing Manager may assist in the creative portion of the process, but typically this will be handled by the more junior internal team and the external agency partners. The Senior Marketing Manager would organise the appropriate individuals or teams to perform each duty and then oversee progress to ensure the strategies are successfully rolled out.
Conduct Market Research – The Senior Marketing Managers may be required to take responsibility for obtaining market research such as current trends within the world of dentistry and the needs and desires of existing and potential consumers. This would allow the Senior Marketing Manager to create more refined target audience profiles and build campaigns and promotions that are aimed at this group of customers. Market research would ideally come from data harvested from the company’s own CRM system, but may also involve analysing external business reports and internally led focus groups.
Some experience and qualities we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of developing marketing strategies
- Experience of successful marketing campaigns and their implementation from concept creation to final execution
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Demonstrable Project Management experience
- Solid budget and cost analysis experience – The ability to prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and the creation of paid and organic content
- Some knowledge and understanding of market research practices and techniques
- Experience in analysing data
- Experience of running large scope projects with departmental cross-over
- A good sense of aesthetics and a love for engaging copy and memorable communication
This is a company that is ripe for growth, and it is worth mentioning that the person that takes the role is earmarked for a Head of Marketing in the medium term as the team grows, so there is a strong progression opportunity here.
Apply today to find out more and for a confidential discussion!