The team at Denholm are delighted to be working with a leading Management Consulting business to assist in recruitment of a Senior Press Officer (12 month FTC), based in either their Glasgow or Edinburgh office.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Press Officer to join our in-house PR team for a 12 month maternity cover contract. The role will report to the PR Lead and work alongside another Senior Press Officer. Your responsibilities will include developing and executing PR campaigns and activity through a wide range of communication channels and to help run a busy in-house press office.
The role sits within an energetic, integrated marketing team of 26, working closely with our digital, social media, marketing and design experts to deliver fully integrated campaigns. Making sure PR, social media and marketing activities are aligned is a key part of this role.
The successful applicant will be working on activity across all areas the firm, with a primary focus on helping to develop and execute effective PR campaigns to support the pensions side of our business.
Liaison with senior spokespeople within the firm is a core part of the role. There will be plenty of opportunity to contribute ideas, take responsibility and develop your skills in a supportive environment.
This role could be based in either our London, Glasgow or Edinburgh offices and you’ll benefit from the flexibility of mixing home working and being in the office with our hybrid working approach. There will be the opportunity to travel across our four offices in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Birmingham.
We’re looking for someone who has a genuine passion for and experience of communications, media and PR
Ideally, you’ll have experience in financial services, particularly in pensions or personal finance. You’d also benefit from having some consultancy background and strong relationships with press contacts in the relevant media. You’ll have the ability to look at and simplify complex information, recognise news hooks and develop engaging content. Experience of responding to media enquiries, an interest in communicating through social media channels and in the regulatory and political landscape would also be beneficial.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver integrated campaigns that encompass PR, marketing, digital and design to align activities and support business development
- Helping to run the press office function, responding quickly to media enquiries and maintaining media relationships
- Developing and executing the PR plans for specific areas of the firm’s services and activities
- Managing and liaising with spokespeople and experts within the firm
- Media and influencer relations: leveraging existing relationships and cultivating new contacts within the media and amongst social media influencers
- Maintaining a keen understanding of industry trends, monitoring developments and making recommendations on topical commentary
- Drafting commentary, press releases, social media posts, articles, blogs and other campaign collateral
- Helping to co-ordinate media monitoring, measurement and analysis
- Helping to manage the online media centre
- Managing spokespeople, including assisting with media training, and briefing ahead of interviews
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to quickly digest complex matters, identify news hooks and present engaging content in a clear and concise way
- Strong writing skills – experience of drafting press releases and traditional/social media commentary
- Experienced and confident at pitching stories to all types of media
- A passionate ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to work under own initiative
- Someone who is confident and takes a collaborative approach; able to manage a diverse range of internal stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Ability to prioritise work and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- A clear and strong verbal communicator
- A team player who cares about the collective success of the team
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven track record developing PR ideas and executing successful communication campaigns
- An understanding of social media campaigns
- Experience and knowledge of financial services
- Strong relationships with relevant media
- An understanding of the political and regulatory landscape would be beneficial
- Agency experience an advantage
We are looking to have a working shortlist of candidates for this role by next week so apply today or contact David Randall at Denholm Associates for more details!