Denholm Associates are delighted to have been engaged exclusively on a Senior Project Manager role for our financial services client. Specifically we are looking for someone on the business side of change, experience in driving a team to deliver a TOM, and measuring and managing business readiness activity. Wealth platform experience is highly desirable.
This role will be primarily remote working with the need to attend one of our clients offices (London, Edinburgh or Dundee) on a business needs basis.
In your role as Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of project management within multiple work streams as part of a business and change programme, ensuring delivery to time, quality and cost objectives. The role will mainly focus on Business and IT Change projects. Successful candidates will be required to effectively manage all aspects of assigned projects including planning, monitoring, control, reporting and communication to achieve successful implementations, delivered to the required quality, time and budget.
- Successfully execute change projects to agreed schedules, budgets and scope
- Define and establish program and project delivery roadmaps, structure and governance.
- Plan for and manage change and risks
- Report on variances to the approved project baseline
- Close the project to formalise acceptance of the project result and release project resources
- Interface and communicate with project team, management, stakeholders, partner and suppliers
- Perform stage gate reviews and quality assurance reviews
- Deliver projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
- Work within defined governance processes
- Manage external contracts and suppliers where required
- Support development of business cases with project sponsors and stakeholders
- Plan and support project QA testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, and test results review activities with key personnel, project sponsors and stakeholders
- Work with the business users and business/technical analysts across the architecture, development and infrastructure teams to facilitate creation of functional and non-functional requirements, gaining business signoff prior to development
- Management of Project Budgets of up to c£500k
- Management of multi-disciplined Project Teams
Key Candidate Requirements
- Experience of managing projects with personal responsibility for delivering to time and cost typically more than £500k in value and 6 months in duration
- Project and programme management in the UK Financial Services industry
- Experience in delivering IT, Business and application development projects
- Experience of recognised project management methodology, best practices and tools
- Strong customer/stakeholder management
- Experience of managing in-house and external project teams
- Delivery focused and commercially aware
- Experience across the full project life cycle.
- Fund platforms, Investments, pensions as well as operational principles and management exposure
- Detailed wrap product knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment. Ability to challenge requirements/decisions/estimates/status reports to ensure stakeholders have the right information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (including negotiation, stakeholder management)
- APM Project Management