We are currently working in partnership with a Global Manufacturing business based near Glasgow who are looking to recruit a flexible and adaptable Accountant with VAT exposure to join their External Reporting team.
As part of a successful, growing global organisation you will always be encouraged to perform at your best. You will be expected to ensure appropriate controls are in place and assist with compliance tasks as well as identifying process improvement opportunities to drive positive change across the business. In return our client offer a variety of flexible benefits, private medical insurance and a generous annual incentive plan.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collate data previously reported in the VAT returns, using that data complete VAT return to sales reconciliations.
- Identify differences within the reconciliations, investigate those differences and provide a resolution to resolve them.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation to be utilized in VAT return to Sales reconciliations.
- Implement processes to ensure VAT return to sales reconciliations are completed in a timely manner.
- Complete balance sheet score card training and VAT return to sales reconciliations to new VAT team members.
- Support compliance with EMEA VAT requirements, implementing/maintaining internal control checks to mitigate risk
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- You will hold a professional Accounting Qualification
- Experience in VAT compliance
- Proficient in completing reconciliations
- Proficient with MS Excel and competent in using in-house applications
- Proficient in the use of reconciliation accounting software
Sound like you? If so, we’d love to discuss in more detail!