Denholm are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading luxury spirits business based in Moray. We are looking for an experienced Supply Planner to join the business to be responsible for the effective end to end planning & scheduling for all spirit bottling in house and 3rd party.
- This role would work from a product list released 12 months in advance. It would be your responsibility to manage the plan for the production team, the wider Supply Chain, external suppliers and the Sales teams
- To manage all supply chain planning activities that interface with the bottling and distribution teams excluding spirit production maturation and selection.
- Manage the customer order process from sales to either a bottling and/or value-added assembly conversion.
- Manage the communication of product availability on a regular basis with accurate and timely information.
- Use demand/forecast to generate short & medium term, capacity plans for bottling and value-added assembly.
- Support the S&OP process within the business
- Lead daily/weekly planning meetings
- Use demand to generate line schedules using available system tools. Manage all dependencies and requirements arising from use of the schedule including MRP. Generating a cost effective or best cost line schedule/plan that meets customer demand.
- Manage coordination of materials, ingredients, labels, publications to meet the planned times.
- Implement a disgorging and filtration plan that is linked to the bottling schedule.
- Support implementation of new products and product changes to achieve seamless supply.
- Responsible for developing strong relationship with the internal sales customer and robust processes to support the planning activities.
- Work in partnership with rest of the Operations team and the wider whisky supply team.
- Reporting of planning and performance KPI’s
- Development and improvement of the stock adjustment procedures including material receipt, management of obsolescence and quarantine.
- Ensure full compliance with HMRC notices
- Support quality standards developments
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant experience in a planning role
- Relevant knowledge of the whisky and spirits industry – issues, legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practice
- Knowledge of mandatory regulations for HMRC
- Experience in spirits industry desirable, not essential
- Experience working in a bonded operation desirable
- Operational and S&OP planning experience
- Strong organisational skills to plan projects and meet deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively (both verbal and written skills) across multiple levels
- Stakeholder management – able to balance competing priorities
- A logistical and systematic approach
- Output and deadline focused
- Conscientious and with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Resilient and flexible in approach – able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Warehousing and planning qualifications desirable
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading luxury spirits business and take ownership of the Supply Planning function in a fantastic environment and culture focussed on transparency, a warm caring attitude and innovative passion. Apply now or get in touch for a confidential chat.