Denholm Associates are again excited to be retained on an exclusive basis by another amazing Scottish company. This time, we are working with a mutual Building Society, which is owned by and run for their members. This is a dedicated team focused on growing the Society whilst not losing sight of the values that have made them the success that they are today.
Their people are their most important asset and they work closely with the communities in which they live and work. Keen to recruit talented individuals who are interested in joining a company in which they can really make a difference, this is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced, professional Team Executive Assistant to become a lynchpin for the company.
Based at the Head Office in Edinburgh and reporting to the Head of HR, the role of Team Executive Assistant will provide broad-reaching administrative support to the wider business, with responsibility for supporting, in particular, the HR Team, the Senior Leadership Team and the Board and Committees. A key requirement of the role is previous experience providing administrative support to leadership teams, with evidenced experience of producing formal minutes. These minutes are regulatory, hence this is an essential skill. Whilst the role will be predominantly office-based, there will be an element of hybrid working, with time spent between home and office, dependent on the needs of the business.
- Providing support on all aspects of general administration, including recording and updating information on the internal systems and trackers, preparing all paperwork required in advance of, or following on from, meetings, drafting letters and any other correspondence as directed.
- Scheduling of meetings and co-ordinating location, timings and refreshments as needed.
- Production and distribution of Board & Committee packs.
- Producing accurate and timely reports in line with reporting schedule and/or ad hoc requests.
- Attending meetings and producing formal minutes as required.
- Dealing promptly and professionally with queries raised by employees, managers and external stakeholders.
- Managing day-to-day Administration relating to HR, including general people activities, including system/tracker updates, reporting and stakeholder notifications where appropriate.
- Pro-actively carrying out administrative tasks, including:- opening and sorting of post, processing documents, answering emails and filing.
- Suggesting valid, constructive and appropriate ideas to improve processes and customer service.
- Producing and issuing documentation to be prepared and actioned within agreed timescales to ensure value adding service is delivered to the business.
- Ensuring documentation issued is always current, relevant, and appropriate
Skills & Capabilities for the role
- Previous experience of providing high level of administrative support in the financial services sector.
- Proven ability to manage a wide range of tasks.
- Previous experience of producing formal minutes.
- Professional and ethical.
- Strong interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and to deadlines.
- Willing to take on responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to consider the needs, abilities and personalities of others.
- Willing to work as part of a team and involve others.
- Positive approach.
- Ability to thrive in a busy and demanding environment.
- Comfortable working to deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrable experience in a busy, fast-paced organisation.
- System/Database management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good relationship building skills; understanding of internal customer relationships and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and autonomously.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload in line with requirements, whilst maintaining accuracy and delivery in line with expectations.
- A positive, “can do” attitude; pride in own work and a flexible approach to working.
- Assume responsibility for own work completion, as well as quality of work delivered.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you and telling you more about the role and the company. Please note, minute-taking experience is mandatory!