Denholm Associates continue their partnership with one of Scotland’s main energy providers and we are delighted to be supporting them in their search for a Document Controller/Asset Information Officer.
Based with the team in Aberdeen OR Perth, you will be involved in controlling asset management systems, primarily managing documentation including enforcement of business processes and administration of system access by all stakeholders. You will also support the other data and model systems within the Asset Management domain. Initially, you will be in the office on a full time basis, but, once training is complete, this will become a hybrid role with you being in the office 2/3 days per week.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring accurate and complete data and information exchange among various stakeholders across various platforms and reporting tools such as Maximo, Vault, GIS and Regulatory Reporting and Benchmarking.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 55000/9001 – information handling and storage of data.
- The administration of document management and supporting internal and external stakeholders with asset management records including third party enquiries.
- Document control and updates including quality control of existing records and handover of new projects.
- React / track and alter documents as required by the business.
- Using the company’s asset management systems, support the asset management team with the reporting of operation and maintenance activities, ensuring the correct documentation, data and models are all up to date.
- Review and track documents, review dates.
- Assist in internal and external audits of company procedures.
- Roll out any relevant updates to document management system and ensure all stakeholders are thoroughly updated with procedures and training.
- Support the asset management team with preparation of scopes of work and budget requests and reviews, quality audits and other work scopes.
- Promote and implement future upgrades for document control and information handling systems.
This an exciting and challenging role and will require decisions having to be made on an adhoc basis. You will cleanse historical asset data, verify information between systems, compare versions of drawings, update the DMS system and collaborate findings between relative teams in order to update site records etc. It is imperative that you understand standard document control processes, system functionality and are able to demonstrate the ability to work through the tasks competently. You will need to make amendments to life cycles, statuses and be able to identify discrepancies between multiple systems.
Accuracy and attention to detail within the data field are crucial for this role. If you would like to hear more, please do get in touch.