Denholm is delighted to be working with one of our key financial services clients in the North West of England, who is looking to recruit a dynamic Commercial Underwriting Manager to join the Underwriting team. This role offers the perfect blend of responsibility and flexibility, allowing you to work both in the office and from the comfort of your own home.
About the Role:
As the subject matter expert of the Commercial Underwriting Team, you’ll be pivotal in processing, underwriting, and managing the commercial lending activities. Reporting directly to the Head of Underwriting, you’ll be the driving force behind maintaining exceptional internal and external customer experiences, all whilst meeting service and quality SLAs.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Leading the Commercial Underwriting Team to process, underwrite and manage the commercial lending activities in line with business needs and as set out by the Head of Underwriting.
- Operating a Commercial Underwriting mandate. Responsible for assessing and underwriting new commercial mortgage applications, further loans and amendments to loan terms and security.
- Providing focused leadership to the Commercial Underwriting Team to deliver an exceptional internal and external customer experience by achieving agreed service and quality SLAs.
- Ensuring the quality, competency and consistency of underwriting is effectively managed and complies with criteria and procedures, which are aligned to regulatory requirements and Society risk appetite.
- Responsible for managing the relationship between the Commercial Lending Team and Underwriting to ensure service delivery is maintained, risk exposure avoided, and the quality of the lending book protected.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Extensive and strong background in Commercial Mortgage lending and underwriting and a sound understanding of current credit risk and underwriting principles / disciplines and T&C frameworks.
- Experience of leading a team and a passion to develop and lead people.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma / Lean Operational principles
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to balance capacity demands and service achievement without compromising lending standards or quality.
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to get in touch to find out more!