Denholm is excited to bring and exciting Underwriting Manager, Intermediary role to the market, with one of our key financial services clients. This crucial role will be responsible for managing the relationship between the Intermediary Mortgage and Underwriting teams in the organisation. You will report directly to the Head of Underwriting.
Role Overview and key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with and managing the relationship between the Intermediary Mortgage Teams and Underwriting to maintain service delivery, mitigate risk exposure, and safeguard the quality of the lending book.
- Serving as the line manager for the Underwriting Support & Completions Team Leader.
- Working closely with the Underwriting Manager – Direct to effectively manage underwriting capacity and resources.
- Holding the underwriting mandate for higher-value mortgage applications from the Intermediary channel.
- Managing relationships with the Residential Valuation Panel Manager and Remortgage Solicitors.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen understanding of the risk and control environment, adhering to established processes and procedures to minimize risk.
- Extensive experience in residential mortgage underwriting, coupled with a solid understanding of current credit risk and underwriting principles/disciplines and T&C frameworks.
- Proven leadership experience, demonstrating effective team management and stakeholder collaboration.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Operational principles.
- CeMAP qualification.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
If the above sounds like you, we’d love to have a conversation. Please get in touch for more information!